ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS Performance

Clio 200 Black and White
I made the mistake of buying these, have been woefully unimpressed with them so far - poor feel, spongey pedal and not much power.

Bizarely, they need to be warmed up a bit to get any bite out of them too (although it is minus 5 over here at the moment).

Get the more proven DS2500 or Pagids if I were you, or just stick with the standards, which are fine for all but heavy track use and cost sod all!

RS RIP
^^ pagids leave very aggresive brakedust on the rims/wheels

Be prepared to clean more often

Audi TT
Got these at the recommendation of K-tec. Mistake. Wish I'd gone for el cheapo mintex ones. They squeal and there's s**t loads of brake dust front and rear and to be honest I'm not finding them particularly powerful either.
I do need to fit the braided lines and put new fluid in so may improve stopping with that but obviously wont affect the squeal and dust issue.
Plus they seem expensive to me!

G

Clio 200 Black and White
I'm running braided lines and 5.1 fluid with these pads and have had the same experience as Gstar - lots of squealing, rubbing and grinding but not much bite, power, progression or consistency.

For the road I would stick with OE pads, and for the track I'd go Pagid / DS2500 / CL (but as franx mentioned, be sure to clean that brake dust off).

Probably a chamfer which can stop squealing?

Of Ferodo pads I only rate DS3000 but that is a track pad and the dust on that is pretty bad (DS2500 is pretty bad too but it's not as aggressive).

Cayman S Edition 1
Fitted the DS Performance pads yesterday along with Brembo Hc Discs and K-tec braided lines.

Obviously need running in, but seriously better than my previous stock setup.

Audi TT
Jay did you find that they're a tight fit and the wheels don't spin freely?
Did you need to remove any spacer from the original renault pads?

G

172cup
Had the DS2600 with brembo discs and braided hoses on my Trophy and I never felt any real difference.

Think I will just stick with standard. Dont need to brake anyway, just apply more power!