ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feedback Required

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I've had my Phase 1 172 up for sale for a week now and have had no interest.
Can someone give me an honest opinion as to why. I have priced at the going rate for the condition / mileage?

I personally want to keep her because she is mint and has never once let me down. But the Evo is arriving soon.

Here are the ads

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200721286378167

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...31QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9861QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Feedback will be appreciated

Thanks
Rob

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
get rid of "Rare Aluminium Bonnet & Shift Light" and don't mention the mods, and remove if possible.

Trader Rating - 91.4%
31   3   1
  Breaking A 172 Replica
Perhaps a little over priced if you wanted a quick sale.

Remove the bit about the stone chips if I were you - not necessary and it is to be expected.

Replace IK with standard airbox. Won't add any value and some people may turn their noses up at it. Plus you can get 50 quid selling it on here.

Apart from those two minor points the adverts seem good and it may just be a case of waiting.

Sam

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I see there are other high mileage 172s going for £4000.

This had only just done over 50K and is immaculate for a 7 year old car.

So if its the price that is wrong then I will accept that and wait for the right buyer. I'm not going to throw her away.

Again as the Adverts say I am open to offers!!

Rob

Trader Rating - 91.4%
31   3   1
  Breaking A 172 Replica
If you are open to offers perhaps remove the Reserve?

No, I guess I didn't Rollo, but I think it helps differentiate this car from others.

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Chelsea tractor
I see there are other high mileage 172s going for £4000.

This had only just done over 50K and is immaculate for a 7 year old car.

So if its the price that is wrong then I will accept that and wait for the right buyer. I'm not going to throw her away.

Again as the Adverts say I am open to offers!!

Rob

4k is just the asking price though, I'd doubt they'd get that!

Just wait a while - remember what the guinness advert tells you... ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD

No, I guess I didn't Rollo, but I think it helps differentiate this car from others.

Can see your point, but i wouldn't look at that car because of the mods.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
Seems fine fella. You just have to wait, as theres a lot of RS' for sale at the moment. As said above, it is a buyers market.

If you dont have any luck and need to shift for the evo take offers of £4k for it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen

If someone wants to make an offer then contact me. I'm a complete newbie to Ebay and only thought last night I will put it on. Autotrader is my main ad place along with pistonheads.

End of the day first to see will buy due to the condition.

I just hope she goes to a good home.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Seems fine fella. You just have to wait, as theres a lot of RS' for sale at the moment. As said above, it is a buyers market.

If you dont have any luck and need to shift for the evo take offers of £4k for it.

Good point but I think I would have to be crying to let her go for 4K

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Aslong as that price is negotiable I don't reckon its that over priced, emphasise the fact that the belts have been done and get it on Piston heads (its free).

JR

Trader Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just checked the value and Glass's guide say trade for mint example is £2925 with 50k on the clock , and being a 2000 w plate.

Retail with the same scenario they say a mint one is £4100

Just to give you some idea.

This is not my opinion just quoted straight from the book with miles adjusted to suit.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Just checked the value and Glass's guide say trade for mint example is £2925 with 50k on the clock , and being a 2000 w plate.

Retail with the same scenario they say a mint one is £4100

Just to give you some idea.

This is not my opinion just quoted straight from the book with miles adjusted to suit.

I think you just have to look at the going rate on autotrader and pistonheads and the price i have mine at slots in nicely. I certainly dont think £2925 can be right. You are looking at one that has been round the clock for that money.

You only have to look at Evo Makinen editions which I am buying. Their going rate varies from £10000-£19000 dependant on condition, mileage etc. SO I dont think I am far wrong especially if someone makes me the right offer. £4500 is just the starting point (you have to start somewhere)