ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FED UP HAVING TO SCRUB ALLOY WHEELS

get some white or orange or other bright coloured wheel you will have a whale of a time.

yea i use wonder wheels on mine couple of squirts leave for a bit and scrub off with a brush, if theyre still stinking ill use polish to get rid of the marks

get some white or orange or other bright coloured wheel you will have a whale of a time.

yea i use wonder wheels on mine couple of squirts leave for a bit and scrub off with a brush, if theyre still stinking ill use polish to get rid of the marks
You know it's very acidic yeah ?? Whenever i've used it i've always diluted it, I try not to use it though.

I hate cleaning the wheels.

Clio 172 RS2
Alloy can be clearcoated but it's better to have them powdercoated!
Better adhesion due to the baking process...

Get a quote nearby you.

Petrol Blue 182.
if you want to stop brake dust sticking, as mentiond before use wheel sealent, the brake dust just rubs off with your fingers, I use pooboys wheel sealent for my polished lips and there as shiny as the day I got them

Tav

Clio 197
if you want to stop brake dust sticking, as mentiond before use wheel sealent, the brake dust just rubs off with your fingers, I use pooboys wheel sealent for my polished lips and there as shiny as the day I got them

Poor boys is the shizzle. A good clean with something designed to take brake dust off + a wheel back brush + followed up with a rinse and some sealant and you are delighted!

Brush - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/wheel-back-brush-wheels.html

Poorboys Wheel Sealant - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-wheel-sealant-wheels.html

Blackfire Tyre Gel (sooooo good!!! But quite pricey, really don't use a lot though per application) - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-long-lasting-tyre-gel-wheels.html

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Boy speak'th sense!

I reckon I need to get some of this poor boys gear, everything i've used so far doesn't work. I've ag'd them up (wax & sealed) & all sorts but the brake dust is a mare !

Nope, whether the blooke I got if from did I don't know. I've not had them done, one of the rears could probs do with it, but i'll live with it.

They used to be a lot lot easier to clean ! Tbh I need to do all over job on them.

clio 172 cup
i just wash mine with a spunge and a brush wid duragloss 901 car shapoo and they cum up good.

Not got a car
I just bought some new wheels, gave them a coat of Auto Glym Wheel Sealent, and yes its so easy to clean the wheels, just apply some Chemical Guys Wheel & Rim Cleaner and jet wash off, no scrubbing or anything.
But Auto Glym Wheel Sealent dont last very long, you have to keep topping the layers up.

How many wash's does Poorboys Wheel Sealant last?

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I just bought some new wheels, gave them a coat of Auto Glym Wheel Sealent, and yes its so easy to clean the wheels, just apply some Chemical Guys Wheel & Rim Cleaner and jet wash off, no scrubbing or anything.
But Auto Glym Wheel Sealent dont last very long, you have to keep topping the layers up.

How many wash's does Poorboys Wheel Sealant last?

If you put 3 layers on it'll last 6 weeks atleast, or you should try FKP1000.

With FK1000P you should be able to layer it up without having to wait inbetween layers. Again 3 should be suffice and it'll last longer than poorboys. :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd say the best bet is to set aside a day where to can get them off the car and give them a proper clean. Once they're totally free from brake dust, apply a layer of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Let it cure and then remove, much like EGP.

Do this as many times as you can bear (after 3 I normaly give up) and the brake dust won't have a chance. I try and do my wheels twice a year and that seems to keep things in order...

Black Gold Trophy
mate recommends supaguard wheel sealant and its cheap few quid on the bay

Have to say that my dad got a big bag of supaguard stuff with his merc when he bought it, needless to say after trying some of my detailing products like chemical guys & zaino etc, he never used supaguard again.

Stagecoach Ticket
i found that cilet bang waterd down was actually quite powerful proberly does alot of harm to wheels though.

i use wheel cleaner/ srp / hard wax x2 then megs hot wheels tyre shine i think its called comes up good

2000 Renault Clio Sport
i use a steam cleaner picked up of ebay for about £40, and mix brick cleaner in warm water 1 part cleaner to 10 parts water,works perfect every time. :)

DCi 100
This reminds me that I need to clay and seal my wheels.

But that's pretty pointless until I get them refurbed.

Which I don't want to pay for.

Static Low
Rim Wax is good stuff aswell. About £15

I have white wheels.. & trust me its a pain. Washed daily just about using non caustic wheel cleaner (muc-off) excellent stuff tbh. Compounded monthly to take away the yellow tinge in the corners.