ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Track Video

Had an interesting day yesterday at Rockingham, due to the tracktimes i was alloted i didn't have any time to actually look round the show, but i still met a few guy's of here.
For some reason the video cameras decided that they'd make the decision of what i recorded rather than me, so i missed out on some of the better action.

Would have had some good footage of "Midge" at the end of the day and also some a while 106 from early in the day, but both were halted by the camera lead detaching itself under cornering from the camera :mad::mad:

Driving standards were more akin to what you'd expect on some dirt track in India, so after 10 minutes of that i decided if you can't beat them then you have to join them :eek:
I still only overtook on the left, but it did mean that you could do it through the corners under braking in fact whenever and wherever you fancied :S

Anyway here's a video from the 1st session when things where working ok, i'll get some more video action up later today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTa7M0jb_RY

Chris

Bumder With A Buffer
Driving wasn't too bad when I was out at 14:00.. then again I just let people overtake me straight away when I saw them coming.

Managed to overtake a few bits myself rather than getting overtaken all the time :)

clio 182 black /gold
I was out at 2pm. Nearly everyone over took me i did over take one or two people. It was fast :D

Bumder With A Buffer
Track looks way to crowded on the vid ^

the "Cliosport" track time session at 2pm had loads of other stuff on there as well?? Shitroens? Knobbers in 306 gti's... what was that all about? Though it was a CS session only?

Bumder With A Buffer
i came up behind you and sat there working your plate out, this in turn made me overcook it into the hairpin lol.

looked super out there

Did you do any organising at FCS or something?? I noticed you were in the track section quite alot :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Owtch I had one wiggle on the long 3 left handers, bit of power and a tug of the wheel sorted that.

Gutted my engine was running like a dog, was quick but just so far off what it should be!

Bumder With A Buffer
Owtch I had one wiggle on the long 3 left handers, bit of power and a tug of the wheel sorted that.

Gutted my engine was running like a dog, was quick but just so far off what it should be!

Those 3 left handers were awesome.. first time round I poo'd my pants but then I got used to flooring it around them flat out in 3rd.. did almost have an off at the final left hander once though.. that made me take a better line next time round!

he was in the garage next to me, ruined it, felt sorry for him but you play the game... n all that. some erm different driving out there shall we say!

rich i didnt organise no i just pushed the promo abit and helped at other shows by running the car.

the sessions i payed for, one cheap tho as a guy in a race spec C2 in the next garage blew his up and offered me half an hour for a tenner!

Bumder With A Buffer
he was in the garage next to me, ruined it, felt sorry for him but you play the game... n all that. some erm different driving out there shall we say!

rich i didnt organise no i just pushed the promo abit and helped at other shows by running the car.

the sessions i payed for, one cheap tho as a guy in a race spec C2 in the next garage blew his up and offered me half an hour for a tenner!

U git! I still didnt understand the CS only track time when there was ohters out on track..not that it bothered me.

I just got out of the way of people as you should do. Sometimes though I found I was setting myself to turn into a corner and some fucker would be trying to overtake on the approach.. that would make me fluster and get all out of position.

yeh thats just part n parcel of track day aint it, i had the same, had to take silly entry to make it as someone was letting me through half way along the straight...

theres a plus n neg to being fast and slow on track.

you should of seen one guy in a blue meg, danger to himself and others. it'll be in my vids no doubt

clio 182 black /gold
That was my frist time out. I was amazed how the car handled. The only thing was my brake lights kept coming on. I did not push it hard, thats why everyone over took me. LOL.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
good video that mate...

Im guessing yours was the trophy with the cage in/mega stripped out?

i seen u on the track killing the ktec turbo

was that the one white one?
Looked really nice and the sequential changes sounded well too, but it just didn't seem to go any faster, i've got a rear facing video of the white one and even in a straight line i was leaving it, not sure on the driver either, both and a yellow pug 205 came past a line of us under waved yellows, and coupled with the general standard of track etiquite.

For anyone who had there 1st experience of trackday yesterday, completely ignore everything you saw or took part in, i've never been on trackday like that.

Boosh, yep that was me, work in progress so that cars nothing to look at yet, should be better after the winter once it's sprayed white :eek:

I had a chat with the 200sx driver, the car was a write off, the front of the car had shifted over about 3" he did say he's got another shell back at home though, so it's just case of swaping bits over.

Chris

Didn't like that cone then ?,Good vid.

That was the 1st session, and the standard of driving wasn't expected :dapprove: The 206 or whatever it was over to the right, leaving me enough room to get through, only he didn't think so and moved back across the track, so i though i'd give the cone a kiss rather than brake ;)

If the video hadn't had gone off, you'd have seen me hit another cone that session too, coming out on too the straight after the chicane a saxo indicated right to let me past, i put the hammer down and he cut back straight across the front of me pushing me into the cone (Pr1ck)

After the 1st session i decided the only way to survive was join in, eat or be eaten ;)

Chris

Thats the same vid you fool ;)

Lol :clown::clown:

It's funny it's done that, the other night i was putting the embedded code on my website, and despite copy and pasteing the link from each video by the time i'd done i had 4 video the same on the page, i think it's something to do with viewing one and then clicking on the embed code on the next one without watching, either that or i'm just a :clown:

Cheers anyway

Chris

Bumder With A Buffer
lol no worries.. glad I didnt encounter any of those numpties whilst I was out! That 5Gt driver wouldnt move neither would that red 106 at the start!

53 Clio's & counting
your spraying a trophy white :(

fair play seem to have some skills behind the wheel mate :)

Oh the white stickered up ktec clio is the throttle bodied one, not turbo'd

your spraying a trophy white :(

fair play seem to have some skills behind the wheel mate :)

Oh the white stickered up ktec clio is the throttle bodied one, not turbo'd

Which one was the turbo'd one?
There was that many of them round the garage it was hard too tell what was what, i saw the supercharged one though.

Chris

53 Clio's & counting
im not sure what the hight pressure one is, the low pressure one is Sauns silver std looking ph2 172

Monaro VXR
I enjoyed my time out on track just I was much slower than everyone else in the bends. Then again a car weighing nearly 1400kg which was basically 3 up with the weight of me and my mate added on standard suspension is not going to cope with all the 1*2's that were out with me.

Unfortunately everytime I turned in some chump felt the need to be right where I was about to go and attempt to overtake on the bends. Wasn't the best way to spend my 2nd time on track. There was a reason I selected the Novice section. However it seemed I was the only novice actually out there. So I just kept moving over for everyone.

you cant call someone a chump for passing you tho as long as it was safe and as directed mate. i know where you are coming from but the track has to accomadate all sorts of talent, performance and ego