ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty Valver Instument Cluster

Hey Guys,

my instument panel has gone on the blink!! the tachometer no longer works, only the indicator lights actually come on, and the speedometer is fine! ive checked the fuses and connections and there seems to be no problems there, would there be any particular fuse i should be looking at for this sort of thing?

Even when i turn on the ignition, the battery lights dont even come on! the light behind the dash work fine too. Everything apart from the guages, fuel, oil, all the auxillary guages on the 16v aswell, none of them work. The tacho started playin up a couple of weeks ago, started turning off randomly but worked after giving it a tap, but now theres nothing! ideas?

The Jinx

Probably the connectors loose on the back of teh binnacle. Youd be better off getting teh binnacle out and checking really.

he means take off the top of the dash & have a look at the connections on the back of the dials etc.
it will be mission of a job though.

Dash is already off, fit back into place without screwing it back on too for easy access ;)

Ill have a go at that, but its strange how they would ALL play up if one connector was loose? Especially as the Aux Oil Dials are not working either?

Is there a fuse for these? I could find any on the wiring diagrams for the 16v

The Jinx

Noon of my dials worked when I got mine. Several bulbs later and a few dodgy connectors plugged back in and theyre reet.

The one for the temp display stopped working last time I had the dash off. A trip round Ty Croes 8months later and it started working again!