ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip rs tuner

Trophy #267
@Wolf359
Please contact me through email. We'll work it out.

For the record, Henk and I have resolved our differences and are both happy in the outcome. The issue was never about his work or his ability, just the product which arrived and the different points of view we held about it.
I wish him good luck in his other efforts with RS engines - the RSTuner kit looks particularly useful.

172 cup
@Wolf359
Please contact me through email. We'll work it out.

For the record, Henk and I have resolved our differences and are both happy in the outcome. The issue was never about his work or his ability, just the product which arrived and the different points of view we held about it.
I wish him good luck in his other efforts with RS engines - the RSTuner kit looks particularly useful.

Lol so how come this has come about when you said it wasn't a very good product earlier

Trophy #267
without going into nitty gritty, my issue was dealing were with the person / company which , eventually, got resolved.
I have no experience of using his kit or his maps so can not pass judgement on either. As i said in the alternate thread, the hardware looks interesting and competitive, you will have to leave the facts to whether it is or not to the people who have used it.

172 cup
Ok well i was just wondering as i have just ordered one of these today.

Hank does seem a very genuine guy from previous post etc so hopefully all should be well

Thanks

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm thats curious as it was advertised as a Group-N ecu, not one specifically modified by yourself or your company so it is hardly your intellectual property.

the problem is GrpN is a term used too loosely nowadays, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's an ecu/map that are used by the GrpN racers.

As it's been said many a time, there is no official GrpN map for the ph2 172s, they were only ever available for cable throttle bodied cars. All that's available are tuners maps that are based around a similar map.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
They were available for the Mk2. I had a group N for my Mk1 and 2. For the Mk 3 Renault Sport didn't have one. The Group N ecu for the Mk2 worked well on the Mk3, except for the cruise control and speed limiter

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
They were available for the Mk2. I had a group N for my Mk1 and 2. For the Mk 3 Renault Sport didn't have one. The Group N ecu for the Mk2 worked well on the Mk3, except for the cruise control and speed limiter

I didn't think they were seeing that the GrpN racers were all cable throttle bodied? Think that's what Fred or someone was saying on here.

Although thinking back RSport did offer something for the mk2, maybe it was people saying whilst there was a map available it wasn't a true grpN as there were no electronic bodied racers.

Numbers were:

77 11 129 506: F4R736: Mk 2
77 11 129 630: F4R736: Mk 2 with raised idle for use with RSport cams

I used this second ecu on my Mk3 for over a year, without knowing it was for an Mk2

VaVa
As above, I had the RenaultSport GrpN for my ph2 172. Was superb, but didn't control my CC properly and my cruise control wouldn't work. I'd have kept it otherwise. Was a good mod, and you get a whole replacement ECU for the same money some people charge for a simple remap.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Numbers were:

77 11 129 506: F4R736: Mk 2
77 11 129 630: F4R736: Mk 2 with raised idle for use with RSport cams

I used this second ecu on my Mk3 for over a year, without knowing it was for an Mk2

That was it, it'll be the latter thing I've said of it not being a true grpn/racing map as the racers never ran a leccy throttle body.

172 Cup
To all the people who have ordered it; do any of you have the intention of doing a pre & post RR?

Just out of interest, because I almost bought the kit yesterday but due to all the conflicting posts I am going to wait.

Cheers
Dez

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Conflicting?

All that came out of yesterday in my thread was that:

This is a generic map and bargin at that as a group n generic is £250 from KTEC

And also that a live map is better but around 3 times the cost and less likely to make a difference with mild mods.

Wheres the conflict? and what are you waiting for...? I have one and it works a treat. Hense my review of it to let everyone else know!! lol.

172 Cup
lol just the bit about the guy in aussie who lost 5bhp but thats now being resolved, is that by sending the map back for tweaking?

still gonna buy it though

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Only thought after I posted, I'll just take the laptop to the RR and do a couple of runs, one with standard map and one with Fastchips.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I'll be very interested in outcome, i've been thinking about going upto Paul at RS Tuning for a while but the difference in price is too much to ignore and if there isn't too much difference then it's hard to justify spending £300 when just over £100 will acheive similar results.

But from what I read on this forum, Paul en Henk 's maps are totaly different. I read Paul 's map has more torque in lower range and less 5k kick.
Is this true?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Well if Paul's maps are in teh same format and can be used with this tool I'd be happy to include it in a kind of group test :)

Trophy #267
lol youve got more chance of seeing Shergar !
At the end of the day, the tuners are not going to give their maps out for others to 'test' on the offchance they could get released into the public and lose work.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
lol youve got more chance of seeing Shergar !
At the end of the day, the tuners are not going to give their maps out for others to 'test' on the offchance they could get released into the public and lose work.

Echo :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Well mine is working well, just have to see how it goes at pod on the 13th. Probably rubbish as I cant launch well to save my life :)

172 Cup
i couldnt wait any longer :)
Order Items
-----------
Product = RSTuner kit;
Quantity = 1
SKU = PROG02
Price = ¬155,00
SubTotal = ¬155,00
Shipping and Handling Fee = ¬15,50

was black/gold ff 182
this sounds like a good product one problem got no laptop , and how easy is it to install on the car as not mega good at mechanics and comp programmes see greeny is from suffolk :)

Clio Renaultsport 182
Quick question before I take the plunge and order one myself - with the raised rev limiter on any of these maps (all tuners, not just Fastchip) do you still get the "protection" of a lower rev limit when the engine is cold - like you do with the stock map?

If you want the cold limiter to be set at the standard value, let me know.
There are 3 limiters.
cold
1,2nd gear
other gears

RSC 182 Cup
lol just the bit about the guy in aussie who lost 5bhp but thats now being resolved, is that by sending the map back for tweaking?

:dapprove: That situation is far from resolved. Henk has now turned around and refused to do the deal he agreed upon- because Robbo has since had another company do a remap. See http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6909&highlight=http://www.ozrenaultsport.com for the full thread.

Why that suddenly changes the situation is beyond me?? :S

SLK 350
So to clarify this, it will flash a 182 and change the rev limiter and give 'better' power through the range? Is the power delivery noticably different?

Does the cruise control still work with this?
Is there any change to the idle/warming rev limt?
Anything other than a laptop required?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I noticed the difference from standard but I only have a cat-back system.

I dont have cruise control so cant comment on that.

Idle RPM is unchanged.

Laptop & you will need to download the software and drivers from www.fastchip.nl.

email info@fastchip.nl for questions :)

@murcod

I will give him a full refund as he isn't happy with the map he's got.

1) bought an ECU remap from me in 2006
2) Posted in April 2007 that he lost 5HP...
3) Found out about this just recently, he never contacted me to give me the chance to resolve his issues with the remap back in 2006. Maybe the e-mail didn't get through....So I asked him to resend it, but he didn't have it anymore.
4) No use in sending him an RSTuner as he already got a good map on it.