ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farewell 172, Hello 225!

BG PH1 Megane 225
Well, I've been on this forum for a while and have much enjoyed owning my 172. I'm sure some of you have seen my car in the past as I posted a lot in the media section! I've since sold the Clio and have moved onto one of my dream cars. A Black/Gold Renaultsport Megane 225 to be precise! I've owned it for a few weeks now and I'm enjoying it muchly! It also has the panoramic roof which was a surprise to me when I first viewed it as it wasn't mentioned in the advert! Loving having torque I must admit. :cool:

Just thought I'd show you all a few pictures of it. You'll probably still see me posting here now and again. ;)

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Hope you like it!

BG PH1 Megane 225
Well it's a much nicer place to be sat than the Clio, lots of storage compartments and the centre arm rest is awesome for motorway cruising. Visibility is much better when checking blind spots, parking and the likes. The ride quality is much better without being too soft, it just seems to soak bumps up a lot nicer with no jolts or expensive sounding bangs. The auto dimming rear view mirror is epic, don't think I could get another car without one! As for driving the clutch pedal is a lot smoother and isn't really stiff like my Clio's was making town driving that little bit more pleasurable. Performance probably isn't massively different but for every day driving having all the extra torque makes a hell of a difference, it's effortless to drive. Once you get to about 2100rpm the engine just takes off in a surge of boost! :evil:

MPG seems to be hovering around the 28.5 mark according the the onboard computer, but I don't do massive miles so I'm not too concerned just yet! Insurance was to my surprise cheaper than my Clio's by about £50 and the tax is only £20 more per year. Prices for parts are obviously more expensive for things like brakes and tyres and I can imagine it might throw up a big bill at some point for something. Throttle response is still pretty good too!

What do I miss about my Clio? The noise it made, the chuckability, xenons and it's eagerness to get going! The Megane is a much more grown up car in comparison. Sitting on motorways in the Clio became a bit of a chore at times, the Megane just soaks them up effortlessly. I've got a number of mods planned for it, first things being an induction kit and lowering springs. I'll eventually change the exhaust system and get a remap done and hope for 260bhp+ and 290-300ft/lbs. For now I'm leaving it alone until the better weather comes round. :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Nice choice. My mate recently went from a 182 to a black meg 225 and loves it. He's just fitted some cooksport springs and is very happy with them.

Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds would be the place for the remap on these

Btw brakes aren't as expensive for these as you would think ;)

Enjoy it

BG PH1 Megane 225
Thanks for all the positive comments guys! :cool:

Looks nice and clean, I'd be removing the stickers from the rear window!

I've removed the Dews dealer sticker already, haven't bothered taking the Elf one off yet! Need to get a better tax disc holder too as that's also a dealer one. :dapprove:

Nice choice. My mate recently went from a 182 to a black meg 225 and loves it. He's just fitted some cooksport springs and is very happy with them.

Paul at RS Tuning in Leeds would be the place for the remap on these

Btw brakes aren't as expensive for these as you would think ;)

Enjoy it

Will be taking a look at the Cooksport springs, saw Ash87's R26 sitting on them and thought it looked awesome! Yeah read a fair amount about RS Tuning, seems like the place to go!

Will certainly be giving you a PM when I need brakes! ;)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great that, I would love to upgrade to one of these but the extra running costs over the fiesta are putting me off at the minute.

Enjoy it!

Very nice mate I just sold mine on Friday , a stage one map is a must a long with the airbox mod and drop in filer changed my car in a big big way I also fitted a scorpion exhaust they sound great ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356900934.241093.jpg