ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Renault Tech's Clip Question

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Hi guys.

Question. Have a JMS Map on my car. Getting Rid of the car so tried to do an injection reprogramme via clip to get rid of the map.
Didn't put an optional specification number in as i havent got one, so just going for the latest update, anyway when trying to
reprogramme is says "unable to reprog, comp already reprogrammed"
So the car thinks its got the latest renault software on it, any idea how to get around this?
I'm training next week in doncaster so was just going ask technical if they have any ideas. But just wandering if any of you lot do?

Thanks Simon.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
or if i can get round it by putting an optional spec number in. But look on dialogys and cant find any OTS'

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Your injection computer wont take a Renault update/reprog, no way around it using just Renault software iirc.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
There's got to be a way round it? If tuning company's can stick maps on surely theres got to
Be a way we can get round it?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
There's got to be a way round it? If tuning company's can stick maps on surely theres got to
Be a way we can get round it?

yea i said no way around it using Renault software, tuning companys will be able to remove the map and restore the original programme.

Volvo S60 T5
You will only be able to do it with A RS Tuner from Fastchip or pay a tuning company to do it, is it really worth the hastle just sell it with the map on it.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Well im px'ing it at work for a 200 so was only trying to do them a favour as im putting it back to standard. But oh well, that poor cat is going to get destroyed :(

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
i know i thought it would too! might try doing off a disc rather than renault.net