ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO of The 27" Elite.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine keeps dropping wifi fairly regularly. Since the last update it's not been solved, even though it was supposed to.

It might be an issue with the iMac nano too, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else having issues? I have extended AppleCare but ideally I don't want to use my MBP for work for a week if it's not a separate issue.

Fanks.

Mine's recently started doing this too. Come home from work and it's lost wifi. But then I just select my network and it's fine again.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, if I disable it briefly then re-enable it then it's fine for another 4-5 hours.

I use mine all day, every day; so maybe I notice it more than most?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Do you guys leave yours on all the time? I only have mine on for an hour or so at a time so probably why it's not doing it.

Mine's never off. It's on all day then gets set to sleep for the evening.

In fact, the only time it's ever off is when an update forces a restart. Lol.

Mine's been doing it the last week or so, only when I initially turn it on though. Have to manually select the network.

Didn't someone suggest it may be related to router switching channel and the mac needing a prompt if it's been left idle/disconnected during a period where it's switched?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmmm, since I updated my mbp last week I've being having dodgy wifi, random disconnects and taking a little longer to join the networks etc, and sometimes not running as fast, been solid since I bought it up until the updates updates last week.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hmmm. My wireless is solid so there's no issues there.

I'll call AppleCare tomorrow then. Might as well.

LY 182
Mine keeps dropping wifi fairly regularly. Since the last update it's not been solved, even though it was supposed to.

It might be an issue with the iMac nano too, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else having issues? I have extended AppleCare but ideally I don't want to use my MBP for work for a week if it's not a separate issue.

Fanks.

I've had a problem with my wifi for the past few weeks now on my MBP. The issue was when I closed the lid / put to sleep, I would open it up and it just would not pick up any connection. I was due to go to the Apple store, then I ran a software update that morning and appeared to fix it. Worked perfect for about 24 hours then started to see problems again.

Perhaps unrelated to yours, but sounds like a few have had issues.

Ibiza FR
Mine is exactly the same. Had no issues before the 'fix' and since then it has been really bad! Every 5 mins or so it will drop...

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, since I updated my mbp last week I've being having dodgy wifi, random disconnects and taking a little longer to join the networks etc, and sometimes not running as fast, been solid since I bought it up until the updates updates last week.

Funnily enough, my MBP has been being a bit of a pain too.

It says it's connected, but doesn't do anything.

A restart solves it for a little while, then it drops again.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Love it when a fix for some people's issues f***s it up for other people. Same happened when I updated my xbox and got the red ring of death immediately after, nothing to do with the update apparently, no, nothing to do with it, it's just a coincidence that me and thousands of other people experienced the same.