ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Mondial + Iceburg owners

Im in debate over the Iceburg and Mondial colours. Well at the moment Iceburg is winning. Whos got some pictures of POLISHED Iceburg and Mondial plzzz. Post em up and elp me out. Cheers

Mark.

Go for the iceberg colour! Blue is nice but obviously a bit common as its the only colour for the Cup.. Up to now!

If only you could get black wheels......

ooooo that sooo looks nice, has to be the nicest Silver available...ever...and Fooking shiney too...any competitors!!? Tony, please dont tell me thats your real no.plate!!!

Hello Tuscanboy!! ;) I have the same views as you, they are all mondial, why not be different!?

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 17 June 2003

The current 172 silver is way nicer than the old titanium, its got a really smart bluye tint to it.
Or is that a girly powder blue tint like the Poo-06s have.....!

silver is without doubt a great colour but very very common as muck!!! mondial blue is gorgeous when polished defo get more looks since i changed colours!! choice is your though!!!

I agree, Silver is COMMON which is what almost stopped me getting silver in the first place, almost went with Red, but glad I chose silver. Trouble with a Silver cup is people might think its a 172 cup wanna-be.

Oh and Dust, my reg isnt quite that (£50K for 70NY!!) I just removed a letter or two.

how do you know the differnce between iceberg and titanium silver? i want to know what colour mines is and not sure about the differnce, is there a way to find out from the vin plate?

titanium was only on the Mk1 172

iceberg was only for the Mk2 172 and Mk1 V6

as far as I am aware - therefore a 1.2 cannot be in either I dont think, but if I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me shortly!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 17 June 2003

I agree, Silver is COMMON which is what almost stopped me getting silver in the first place, almost went with Red, but glad I chose silver. Trouble with a Silver cup is people might think its a 172 cup wanna-be.

Oh and Dust, my reg isnt quite that (£50K for 70NY!!) I just removed a letter or two.
Its not exactly as if the 172 is a down market cup.....nor is it an upmarket cup. If some one with a 172 was a cup wanna-be then theyd just go out and change their 172 for one and have some money in their pocket.

Yup, Ill correct you! Titanium was on the original MK1s, then the later ones were in Iceberg. Right about the 1.2s though.

Cheers peeps. But im even more un-decided now. Awww.

Me thinks as i spend all my Sundays polishing the Valver, trying make it shiney enough to blind people. It would be a good idea to get the Blue. However the Silver is soo nice, and from some of the Pics, it does look bloody shiney when polished! mmmm......

Silver or Blue.

Im not worried about the common colour choice. TBH i dont see that many 172s, ok when i do they are always Iceburg, but funnily enough when i see a Cup its always Mondial. ;) So me tinks go in-between. ggrrrr

Someone post a v.v.v.shiney Mondial for me plzzz! Might help.

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 17 June 2003

Phew...;) and i can believe 50k for it too. One wicked number plate!

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by tuscanboy on 17 June 2003

Go for the iceberg colour! Blue is nice but obviously a bit common as its the only colour for the Cup.. Up to now!

If only you could get black wheels......
But there are loads of Silver 172s as well.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by ldelalpi on 17 June 2003

how do you know the differnce between iceberg and titanium silver? i want to know what colour mines is and not sure about the differnce, is there a way to find out from the vin plate?
Yours would be Platinum

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 18 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by ldelalpi on 17 June 2003

Yours would be Platinum
at the moment ints a silvery grey colour but i dont see a colour match in the halfords spray paint section and would like to know what coour it is, does that sound like platinum

S2000

Yeah they only did 3 silvers, titanium, iceberg and platinum. The titanium and iceberg are only on 172s and V6s. The Renault paint code for platinum is 632. Doesnt surprise me that Halfords havent got it.