ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lowered Clio Owners - Have Problems?

CTR--VX220D
I have tried and tried to find a garage who will work on my cars tracking.... No one will touch it!

Yozzasport has done all the work so far - they have ultra low lifts.

Horizon motorsport has done my Elise and VX220... but they are miles away too!

So I managed to find Tower Garages on Cannock Chase who have a pit - no no lift needed!

Anyone else have problems????

This is a class pic of my clio halfway through coilover fitting:-

CoiloverFitting6.jpg
http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
tweeks do the set up on mine, no problems

mine is speed low ;)

Lionel Richie
god yeah! try owning the lowest mk2 clio ever!
DSCF01171.jpg

i had to remove both bumpers to have it tracked, Northampton motorsport are the only people who could do it

Turbos.
My original Clio was hard to do, luckily the place was on a slope and they found a spot where they could get the equipment underneath...

340i
When i went to get my tracking done the at my local garage the conversation went a little like....

"Barry get the long ramps out, theres one of them idiots here with a bloodey lowered car"

Mines lowered -60mm and it jst got on the ramps

CTR--VX220D
I bought an ultra low jack for my Elise so slides under the clio OK..... although its the garages that have the problem!

Suzuki SV650
I had a bloody problem with lowered clios alright, bloody mud at the infield of donington racktrack cracked my cup splitter clean down the middle! f**king s**t weather!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
im on eibach pros and sometimes catch speed bumps and the underside of the engine cover - thats it.

no tracking issues (yet)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
im on eibach pros and sometimes catch speed bumps and the underside of the engine cover - thats it.

no tracking issues (yet)

no no no he asked about lowered ones, pros dont count!!

I had problems with mine the only place that could do it was clcm in Edinburgh and even then it scraped going on and coming off the ramp. Thats a specilist place that does everything including corner weighting!

CTR--VX220D
chris, how much did they charge you at towers? (for the tracking)

Its booked in for Sat morning - I'll let you know.... doubt its going to be much though.

I did go to Dennis Powney in Cannock - he laughed as I was getting out of the clio saying - NO CHANCE! [So did every garage I went too!] Ive even raised it about 25/30mm at the front!

Saxo VTS
My Valver is lowered 35mm front and about 50mm back (damn pikeys) and it's a pain in the ass at some places and a couple wont even touch it :(

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have lowered mine 30mm on Eibachs. So far I havent had any problems with my local garage but I might find there could be a problem once the body kit is fitted as it might not clear the ramps. The main problem will be with the lip on the rolling road when they do the brakes test. I guess I will just have to cross my fingers and wait and see.

Weeman sucks ****
I've never had a problem but mine's probably a tiny bit higher than yours by the looks of it. Even STS had no trouble once.

If you were in the south east I'd say go to see mark fish, he'd be able to check it no sweat. He sorted mine out a few times.

Maybe raise the coils a little bit?

172 cup TT
ive only had probs when i broke down a couple of years ago with the RAC sending the standard trucks TWICE to carry me away... had to use one of their low-loader things.. took about 6hrs! argh..

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I had to drive mine up onto a recovery truck last week. The recovery guy said I didn't have that much clearance at the front when I reversed it off and it was near the end of the ramp bit. I hate to think what might happen when I get my body kit done then. ~Keeps fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong~ :S

Chocolate Bar™
my local place managed to do my old clio with no problems at all but it wasnt really mega low. but theres a couple of people round here who use the hunter laser system which clips onto the alloys so arch clearance isnt really an issue.

my old clio had to go on a couple of ramps backwards which was a bit of an arse, but did the trick

Why not do the tracking yourself no need to even get it on ramps if you've a flat level space.

There no need to get the bumpers off or get scare though depends on the garage my local could do car even lower thn that the only trouble would be to get accross there bumpy car park. You need the sensors which attach to the wheel itself.

1.6 focus zetec....
I had the tracking done on my car with the laser equipment and still the equipment has to go over the top of the wheels so if the wheels in the arch its not possible!! Also to adjust the tracking he had to get under the car which id assume is a no go if the cars that lowered??

Kiza

I had the tracking done on my car with the laser equipment and still the equipment has to go over the top of the wheels so if the wheels in the arch its not possible!! Also to adjust the tracking he had to get under the car which id assume is a no go if the cars that lowered??

Kiza

They can use the alloys itself depend on the setup they have.

Yep to adjust the tracking you need to get the car over a pit or up the air to get to the track road ends.

Clio RT GT Turbo convsn
Mine is lowered 80mm on the rear.65 on front, mines a biatch to get tracking sorted on it, and speed bumps are an almost imossible task :D