ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Cliosport.net old-timers

RenaultSport 172
My first of three clios was this :)

Fantom093622371958.jpg

Fantom2374397925.jpg

Which ended like this :(

Fantom087296171294.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So far its just me, Yeecup and DJW John who qualify as old timers, who have been here since 2003...woah 9 years.....

Still in a mk1 too :)

How this place has changed

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not an old timer but been here going on 4 and a half years.

Had this when I joined, owned it for 3 years and kept it mint. I loved it. Sold it to my cousin for £1500 about a year and a half ago and she's destroyed it. Ready for the scrap heap now which is a real shame.

*Picture won't work on my iPhone, piece of sh*t.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
So far its just me and DJW John who qualify as old timers, who have been here since 2003...woah 9 years.....

Still in a mk1 too :)

How this place has changed

Cough cough"....... Check my join date :cool:

SQ5
8 years I've been on here and driving for 7 had my first car at 16 then a lot of Clio's followed

P6040008.jpg

To this :(

DSC00120.jpg

Then upped my game to this

DSCN1404-edit.jpg

Which was an unknown write off and not quite straight, track rod end snapped going over a little hump back bridge and...

DSC00919.jpg

until I saw a 172 engine and realised I could fit it in a mk1, I was one of the first out of a few of us to do this! I bought a clapped out 1.2 then a valver came up cheap too.

28062007042.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

Then this all went to pot so I went on the search for a full 172 and picked this up and fell in love!

DSC00105.jpg

This Clio then went through many many stages including my first Trackday within 3 weeks of ownership! Which doesn't look like I have any photos of it :(

7.jpg

08022009036.jpg

After about 10 Trackdays and getting the hang of it and spending copious amounts on everything else to get it quicker I dropped it off for some proper work.

3e33d047.jpg

It then came back with around 237bhp and very fun

DPP_0006Large.jpg

DPP_0002Medium.jpg

Then unfortunately the inevitable happened :(

57457206.jpg

So we spent countless hours stripping it right down and prepping it back and making it better than ever sprayed lunar grey and samco blue, but it just kept having problems and I had to give it up.

36de471d.jpg

It was then put with my valver I got for a runaround that went bang within a day and another I bought for breaking

75a3a91d.jpg

My luck with cars wasn't going well at all, I put it down to the first time in a while with no Clio ownership so I found a very good example for very good money.

33887d83.jpg

THEN one of the best built Clio's came up for sale and with a supercharger and 330bhp I had to buy it, but unfortunately I had endless problems with it too so never got to enjoy properly apart from a week.

Home.jpg

So it saddened me to see it like this :(

76602d42.jpg

Then just before Christmas 2010 N11 BUB decided to throw a rod about 400metres down the road from my next buy, possibly a sign!

DPP_0002-Copy-1.jpg

I put it on some coilovers and tracked it a couple of times, but was a great car for another runaround.

DPP_0002-Copy-1.jpg

A friend who I met through Clio's but not on here had bought a Trackday car and we'd done a few days in it and I became interested in it so I bought that off of him and my ex black Clio at the same time as it had some decent spares like wheels and an engine!

06136211.jpg

abccaf4f.jpg

The car was already 184bhp on SRR so very reliable but I just needed more so the only way was to supercharge AGAIN so last Easter I got it done and running around 250-260bhp using bombers old kit.

568ddb6a-c858-7a22.jpg

And I've now started getting the rest tidied after it went to Germany with no problems!

568ddb6a-c881-716f.jpg

And then we also got one for the missus :)

9.jpg

And I couldnt of done it with out CS.net and the 8 years I've been here learning everything!

PS. 13 Clios including 8 172's!

Last edited by a moderator:
  A SHED!
lol @ this thread. Most "old timers" cars here are mk2s. I had a 205gti, then my clio (mk1) 16v L907TOR black, which Nick from hill power put a 2.0 williams block, got rid stupidly then got a 106 gti, which didn't gel with. So got a naples 16v, third clio was a 172 cup. Which i sold to a member on here. He totalled it unfortunately. :(

Danny and Zmaster2K, some corkers in amongst that little lot :D single handedly both supporting the French automotive industry I might add!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'll put some pics up of my flame red when I get on a computer. The most unreliable car on cliosport.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Dont have pics of my old r reg 1.4 rt

imagejpeg

Renault Clio Williams 3

imagejpeg

Renault Clio 172

imagejpeg

Renault Clio trophy no 67

imagejpeg

Reanult Clio Williams no 139

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
That chat room would be quite entertaining these days.... I started using the forum in 2002, but got dropped a year in one of the 'make-overs' :S

SQ5
Danny and Zmaster2K, some corkers in amongst that little lot :D single handedly both supporting the French automotive industry I might add!

Bloody hell Danny that's quite a big history!

Wow at DannyR's post, some top cars!

Thank you, I dread to think the money I've turned over. I've not lost much on my Clio's though!

I think any one Pre 2005 should be able to post, if not GTFO you can only comment :p