ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO BENR

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

172 f4r cambelt timing tools

tool mot 1054(part number 0000105400)-tdc crank locking pin £9.22

tool mot 1496(part number 0000149600)-tdc camshaft locking/setting tool £41.57

tool mot 1509(part number 0000150900)-tool for locking cam pulleys so you can undo the nut and allow the pulleys to turn independantly of the cam so the belt can be correctly tensioned £23.24

tool mot 1509 01(part number 0000150901)-additional tool reqd for the above. £17.01

trackarm tools

the tools dir81201 and dir 83201 have been replaced by a universal tool that fits all models. tool dir 1305 01(part number 0000130501) £65.08

note

i always use tools mot 1054 and mot 1496 when doing f4r cambelts just to be on the safe side.the other tools are needed if you follow the renault belt change method or if there is a lot of slack in the belt between the two cam pulleys.undoing the pulleys will allow them to turn due to there being no keyways and remove the slack in the belt.the old track arms tools are no longer avaliable but the new tool looks ok and it would fit into tighter gaps than the old ones.

ive somehow changed the font buy accident but never mind.all tools are avaliable from your local dealer.talk to you later,jay

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

all depends how often you would use them i suppose.never mind the part numbers are there for future reference if needed.

jay

appreciate the help bud.

DO ya think my local dealer will lend me the track arm tool as thats a whopper, the timing bits aint too bad.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

we sometimes lend tools to local firms we know but i suppose it depends on how well you know your dealer.have you got any tool shops around you like machine mart for example because im sure ive seen a similiar non gen tool somewhere before.