ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO:- AST Coilover owners (update)

Mk2 172
Just to let you all know that i had my clio in at powerstation over the last few days to have a few changes made to the coilover settings.
As im sure your aware there are two different choices of spring rates and i have, as most have the heavier spring weights (450lb front, 400lb rear)
I have had the shocks completely rebuilt. All the seals changed, re-gased and have had the REBOUND increased to cope with the stiffer spring setup.
As im sure most of you found the car can be a bit bouncy and feel a bit aggitated with these springs when using on the public roads.
The change in rebound has made a huge difference to both the comfort in the car and also the feel of the car too.
The car is much quicker to turn in and needs much less input from the steering wheel to make the car actually do something :)
The increase in rebound has improved the roll stiffness of the car which is noticed on initial turn in.
This setup is still being tested but so far has made a big improvement imo to the feel and drive of the car.
Will keep you guys updated on this and hopefully the ones with the heavier spring setup will be in to have this work carried out.
When all the testing is done however this will come pre setup on brand new shocks when specifiing the heavier springs.
Any questions dont hesitate to ask :)

Dan

182 Cup
Just spoken to Curtis, he says it's very much a work in progress with the different damper valving and I'm pretty sure it's been developed at Dan R's request.

TVR Cerbera
i actually thought my shocks were ok, turn in is excellent, not bouncy at all and they are set at minimum. I did set them up myself and because of current weather not been able to test fully but more than happy so far

Mk2 172
i actually thought my shocks were ok, turn in is excellent, not bouncy at all and they are set at minimum. I did set them up myself and because of current weather not been able to test fully but more than happy so far

Well if your happy with yours then thats absolutely fine. Its just the fact that the dampers and their setting were to suit the softer spring setup and so i wanted the dampers to be more suited to the heavier spring setup. They are damn good out of the box but i do prefer them with the new rebound setting :)

TVR Cerbera
Well if your happy with yours then thats absolutely fine. Its just the fact that the dampers and their setting were to suit the softer spring setup and so i wanted the dampers to be more suited to the heavier spring setup. They are damn good out of the box but i do prefer them with the new rebound setting :)

Did it cost you for the revalve? Also i thought pre-load not rebound stops roll? (asking cos i'm not sure! lol)

Mk2 172
Did it cost you for the revalve? Also i thought pre-load not rebound stops roll? (asking cos i'm not sure! lol)

No cos i dont really pay for any of the changes to my suspension on my car beacuse my car is the test car for all the work and has been since day one.
Yes kind of a bit of both (preload and rebound) Feels alot better tho :)

any updates on this fellas?

On another topic I have recently inherited Robs ASTs of his 182, coming from the DH Mountain biking world I have a basic understanding of shock tuning and the differences between preload, rebound, spring rate etc however does anyone know where I can get my hands on a AST manual/PDF for the sportlines as that would be helpful!