ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4r Engine which one for high performance tunning ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All engines tend to work better with smaller exhaust than inlets IME, and this is reflected in the valve sizes too, I personally think the Ph1 setup is a bit of a mismatch in the first place.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
But they benifit from a larger diameter exhausts than most but maybe its to accomodate increased gas speed rather than volume.... Who know not my area of experise.!! Interesting that the exhaust manifold primary tube diameters seems to have increased over the generations compare a Williams vs a 182 manifold but the ports are similar (allbeit oval vs circular like the Williams)!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the williams exhaust manifold was an absolute shocker of a thing!! I had used all 3 factory F7 options and it was the worst by a large margin!. Utterly strangled my mk1

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
The super sprint dia is small bore to compared to a 182. Im going to see if i can get the 182 manifold or a 172 at worst case fitted to my F7R engine in the new car. If not the Supersprint modified to fit.