ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2014

Goliath I
Out TODAY! (Well, for 360 and PS3)

Anyone else picking up a copy? Will be picking mine up shortly...

8cf4556892294fb0c290f76ddd7fa638.jpg

Goliath I
Well, I've bought and loved every F1 game Codies have released but this one is nothing more than a lazy cash in.

The handling is great... And that's it. There is nothing new in the game, from the menus, the presentation, the options, the game modes, the garage... Everything. Hell, even the your race engineer that speaks to you during the race is the same one from the last 3 years... With the exact same dialogue!

It's pretty much F1 2013 with a load of content removed, two tracks added and the Teams changed to fit this Season.

Disappointed :(

Listerine & Poledo
Same as pretty much every single codemasters F1 sequel then, in my experience (sorry guys, but true).
That said, racing sims haven't evolved in a creative / fun-to-play manner since Geoff Crammond GP. Just graphics, physics and sound improvements.
If you wanted something different, may as well have bought Mario Kart

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Was always gonna be a 2011/2012/2013 rehash when they said they wouldn't be releasing on next gen. Just a quick change of team liveries and sell it. No investment required on the developers side.
Pretty poor tbh.

Impreza RB5 #054
Not a fan at the moment. Hate the steering feel and hate the sound.

Although I felt the same when 2013 came out, so will give it time.

Goliath I
Even with all the driving aids off it does seem slightly easier. But just with the previous games I'll probably get used to it.

What bothers me every time I put it on is the obvious complete lack of new content, seriously the new liveries, teams and tracks could have been added as DLC!

I never expected a completely revamped new game and expected Codies to work around the last model, especially as its the last for this gen. But f**k me, if I hear 'Mix 2, Mix 2, we're comfortable at the moment' again I'll drop-kick the TV! lol

RS Clio 182
Sounds pretty poor if not much has changed at all...im still playing on my 2013 career so im happy with that. Will probably wait for the next gen version in 2015.

Golf R/Leon FR
This is why I didnt order a copy, I'm happy playing 13 at the moment when I can. My bro has 14 and said its awful. Very disappointing from Codemasters, its getting very stale. Hopefully the next gen version is very good.

Quite disappointed, I bought 2013 but was so unimpressed I took it back for a refund lol! May have to do that with 2014.

Having said that, I'm considering getting a steering wheel and stand setup for around the £100 mark - will that make it a bit more enjoyable do you guys think?

Daniel