ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king RAGIN! !!!!!

White Sti Hatch
Na it wont be cat f**k all as its only minor damge nothing major is bent well from a visual inspection will have to awit and see when the bumpers off n arch liners are out

lift number 1 @ btm
fair enough, i thought that once there had been an insurance claim it was recorded.

hope it is all sorted soon fella..

White Sti Hatch
Re: f**kING RAGIN! !!!!!

fair enough, i thought that once there had been an insurance claim it was recorded.

hope it is all sorted soon fella..

I havent got a clue to be honest lol, all i know is my NCB isnt touched so im asuming since its not major work it wont effect the car

BMW E46 330i Touring
Nope, the 'Cat's are levels of write-offs, not just claims.

This is the reason you were right to not pay the excess mate, you would be out of pocket for months and, in frustration, you probably would've ended up going 50/50 to finish it.

I'd get more quotes than what you've got though, and include EVERYTHING. If you're saying that the boot isn't opening properly then it needs fixing and if the splitter is bust because his crash forced the car onto the curb then it's included as well.

I would have thought the Police could intervene to ensure the guy takes the correct action once they have received an admission - otherwise what's the point of him admitting it!?!

White Sti Hatch

Another "update" if you could call it one

Been on the phone to Albany Assistance who are chasing up the Third Party Insurance to get me my money, they now have Pictures of the damge to his car and mine and a Qoute for repairs to my car they are also now in touch with the police to get the report but this could take weeks according to them im sure theyll have more lucl than i have trying to get the report from the officer in charge of my case as hes been no help hes never got back to me at all left him 3 messages to get back to me !

On an upside my mates dad whos a Police Officer siad hed be able to take over the case before he Retires (next month) and hopefully get me everything i need to get this going alot faster and get my car sorted out ! Phoning him tomoz to hopefully get everything started.....

Thought id let folk know case ne one cares ! ;)

White Sti Hatch

OOOOOOH the need, lol

Good to hear things are moving, all be it slow mate, ill be through at the weekend, will give you a buzz if your around?

lol

Ill be around dundee mate just give me a ring, prob be out takin pics of mates car for him to use when he sells it....prob be on here in a few weeks 172 Cup

You'll be pleased to know that if the that geezer doesn't respond then it automatically goes against him after a while of waiting. All though I don't know how long that is.

If Albany don't sort you out, Europa Consultants are a fantastic third party claimant company, VX220 owners use em all the time with great results. My mate had someone knock him off his bike, and they had him a courtesy car the next day and a quote from the other insurers for a settlement fee in a week.

Good luck!

White Sti Hatch

You'll be pleased to know that if the that geezer doesn't respond then it automatically goes against him after a while of waiting. All though I don't know how long that is.

If Albany don't sort you out, Europa Consultants are a fantastic third party claimant company, VX220 owners use em all the time with great results. My mate had someone knock him off his bike, and they had him a courtesy car the next day and a quote from the other insurers for a settlement fee in a week.

Good luck!

Do you have to pay for the Europa Consultants mate ?

Do you have to pay for the Europa Consultants mate ?

No. They claim your costs which are passed to you either as cash if it is a right-off or by fixing your car to your standards, the costs for your courtesy car and their fees from the other parties insurer. I believe the company is owned by a Pistonhead'er. As you can imagine, parking dings on fibreglass is messy business, hence the high usage by VX/Elise owners, and I have only ever heard positive results. My mate has been more than happy with them too, they are even claiming for all his kit (helmet, textiles etc) even though he didn't even touch the ground!

http://www.europaconsultants.co.uk/ Check their courtesy car fleet out too!

White Sti Hatch
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

they just got the letter from there policy holder explaining the incodent so on the phone now getting the car booked in for repairs !!!! happy f**king days !!!!!!

White Sti Hatch

Good news Dean. What a sack ache!

Tis that dave, just need to get on to my body shop see when i can get it in opefully end of the month or before....Getting a nice new car to thrash round in while its away so should be fun !!!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Tis that dave, just need to get on to my body shop see when i can get it in opefully end of the month or before....Getting a nice new car to thrash round in while its away so should be fun !!!

Can say that again!

Glad to hear thats things are getting sorted mate :approve:

White Sti Hatch
Looks like i wont be getting it on the rollers at the DW meet may be lucky enough to get the car in at the start of next week ! "fingers crossed" !

White Sti Hatch
Well got the car booked into the Body Shop of my Choice all i need to do now is get back to his insurance but they close at 5 usless b******s ! so will have to be done tomoz !

Cars going in on the 2nd Feb for the repairs and while its in ill be getting the boot resprayed and the Side Strips re done at my expense, cant wait to get it back looking good ! G220 will be comign it once its out the body shop !!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, how dare an office close at 5! ;)

Great news though mate, make sure all blemishes are taken into account, front and back. :)

White Sti Hatch

Insurance Offices should be Open later IMO !! i dont finish till 5 :evil::mad:

Yeah going over what i want/being done to the damaged area and the bumper plus boys being told if anythings cracked/broken dont try and repair it get it replaced and bill the boy ! nothings getting botched !!!

Lol, how dare an office close at 5! ;)

Great news though mate, make sure all blemishes are taken into account, front and back. :)

911 3.2 Carrera, Clio 1.2
To be honest, its usually the best policy to let your insurance company deal with a claim like this.They know the delaying tactics, probably even know the company if not the actual people.

I did this and they handled the lot, the excess was theoretically due, but I never actually had to hand over any money. My company arranged the repairs so no delays, and then chased the other company for payment.

White Sti Hatch
I left them to fight it out amungst themselfs but they all failed i had to keep chasing them up ever week or so to get an answer about it and how far along the report was ! but its all sorted now booked in on the 2nd for repairs prob drop the car off on the friday and get me a nice rental car for a while !

White Sti Hatch
Dropped car off today for it to get fixed up during next week ! :) should hopefully have it back for friday night !

Got my rental car for the next week though a nice lovly poverty spec 1.3 Ford Ka......has a CD Player thats about all its got going for it !!

White Sti Hatch

Needy update :rasp:

Went to the shop agian today to see how hes getting on not to bad ! was just away to start on the dent when i arrived

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

Had to give him a hand getting it on the ramp the other night as its just a lil bitty to low to get the arms under...ooops ! :cool:

Should have it back Tuesday ! cant wait never thought id miss it so much !

Good stuff, did I miss something with the bootlid though? Whats happening there?

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
bludy hell mate glad sorted, just read this thread all the way through what a struggle!
Hope all sorted soon!

White Sti Hatch
should be back on Tuesday (fingers crossed) going down again on monday to take another gander might grab some pics as itll hopefully either be getting sprayed or being baked at that point

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique

Jesus, only seeing this now. Glad you got her sorted in the end though. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Actually, some bint in a bloody Avensis scuffed my left rear corner while I was in the chippers getting dinner. Gutted, cos theres no CCTV and I didnt spot it until a few days later.

White Sti Hatch
Took a trip down after worl there was in the booth with primer on the damaged areas n was just keying up the other bits, look poorly all taped up lol !

Going to pic it up on Wednesday night and to be honest i cant f**king wait never thought id miss a car so much !

Roll on wednesday !!

White Sti Hatch
Got it back on wednesday night :) never been happier !

Its f**king barket thout atm as ive been through to Edinburgh Yestarday and Today to sit my FICA test so will have some pics when the snows gone and i can be arsed to clean it !

ITB'd 182...
Give it good polish/wax up and get the camera out fella!

Been slacking on the old pic *****age!!!