ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extremely Low MPG

R26
Hi guys,

Recently had my car on the RR at RSTuning and Paul said that it was running a little lean and that the pre cat lambda was probably at fault. I decided to get a second hand one from Cliospares and fitted it at the weekend. Now my MPG has gone from around 28 on the onboard computer to 31, however the fuel has gone down considerably so i worked it out via a website and its saying 15.8. Now is this second hand lambda faulty, or does the ECU need to sort itself out? I used the onboard computer to get how many litres were in my tank, it used 8 litres of fuel to do 30 round town miles today and ive probably only done about 100 miles in total since fitting it.

Cheers

Jacko

Lionel Richie
hence why you NEVER use 2nd hand lambda's, surprised cliospares even bother selling them!

£55 new give or take for a Bosch one, makes no sense getting a 2nd hander

you should be over 40mpg on the motorway at 65mph