ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extra long charger

White APE
I'm in need on a charger for my iPhone around 4m. Obviously Apple themselves don't do one that long so it will need to be a third party one.

Can anyone recommend a decent make to go for?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The iPad pro cable is extra long. Not sure on four meters but it's comfortably long enough to be plugged in and use an iPhone/iPad at quite a distance.

But, short of going to apple, I don't know of any alternatives so I await people's inputs.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
A cable's a cable...

I picked up a couple of long cables. Think they were 1.5 or 2m though. Certainly nowhere near 4m.

On ebay they said genuine Apple (for whatever good that would do for the copper inside....), they work fine with no error messages and were about £3 each.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A cable's a cable...

I picked up a couple of long cables. Think they were 1.5 or 2m though. Certainly nowhere near 4m.

On ebay they said genuine Apple (for whatever good that would do for the copper inside....), they work fine with no error messages and were about £3 each.

It's not though when it comes to Apple, it seems every other software update they make the devices not work with third party cables.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's not though when it comes to Apple, it seems every other software update they make the devices not work with third party cables.
I've not had the problem where they don't work, but I don't use them for data- only charging.

I have some braided chargers (was 3 for £5 when I bought them) and they've been fine for years. I occasionally get "This accessory is not supported". But it still charges on IOS9

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
I use a USB extender on my one, think i got 5 of them for £3 on eBay. I have used multiple plugged in to each other at one time without any issue. Mine are 1m per extension.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I pretty much only use Anker cables now, far better quality than Apple and fully certified so they work every time. They seem to top out at 10ft, which is a bit shorter than you wanted but might do?