ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhuast issues

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Bought myself another clio the other day (4th, oh dear) I knew its problems before I bought it but it does the standard exhuast rattle when you quickly accelerate in the low gears. All of the mounts have been replaced. What's the other reason this happens as I've been searching and I'm a bit stumped.

Also the car has a custom powerflow exhaust which is too lairy for my liking. What choices do I have for something non lairy. Is the standard exhuast not worth buying due to it being made of tinfoil?

Oh its a ph1 172. A very mint one at that too.

Ph 1 172
My Phase 1 rattles and squeaks on the heat shield, also the standard exhausts are s**t. There are plenty of stealth exhausts out there that are nearly as quite as standard btb seems the quietest rated on here. Also mild steel stealth exhaust by ktec.

Mk1 16v brooklands
I've got a miltek on mine which is good at low revs and not too noisy at full chat..
Could be the cat falling apart? Heatshield?

Stripped yozza'd cup
My Phase 1 rattles and squeaks on the heat shield, also the standard exhausts are s**t. There are plenty of stealth exhausts out there that are nearly as quite as standard btb seems the quietest rated on here. Also mild steel stealth exhaust by ktec.

For christ sake DO NOT buy the k-tec stealth.... the noise inside at motorway cruising speed made my ears bleed.
BTB, superb.
Or the Yozza stealth.