ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Pipes

Always kept on top of the 182 pipes, so they were easy to keep clean. Used Auto Glym engine machine cleaner and Autosol.

The Vee's pipes are black on the inside, what's the best and safest product/s to use to get rid of all the nasty black stuff?

Chocolate Bar™
soak it in a strong mix of shampoo, and then rinse it off under pressure. this should lift most of it if you agitate it with a brush.

then get the final stuff off with engine and machine cleaner or autosol / a similar metal cleaner

106 GTi
Same products as you used on your 182, just will need some more elbow grease. Get some wire wool from Clean and Shiny will soon clean them up easily.

After the Autosol use some Megs NXT Metal polish it finsihes down finer and gives a better gloss.

Golf R soon...
Same products as you used on your 182, just will need some more elbow grease. Get some wire wool from Clean and Shiny will soon clean them up easily.

After the Autosol use some Megs NXT Metal polish it finsihes down finer and gives a better gloss.

That megs metal polish is good, recently bought some for the blueflame :cool:

106 GTi

Pretty poor a shifting stubborn grime though!

Better than yours. C*nt.

Pretty poor a shifting stubborn grime though!

Yeah, and it seems that someone's polished my exhausts with sandpaper - any tips on getting that back without having to strip the bumper off and get a wheel on it, as I can't be fussed with that!

106 GTi
By the sounds if that I doubt you will shift them without getting a mop on them to be honest.

Better than yours. C*nt.
By the sounds if that I doubt you will shift them without getting a mop on them to be honest.

They're still shiny, but there's a definate set of marks which look like they're going to take some shifting. I may try some 2000-grit with lots of water as I can slip that through without too much fuss, but I suspect I'll still have to mop it afterwards - I've only got away with that once!