ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust - Low Cat/Centre Section

RFB

BG 182 FF
Hi.. me again...

Since purchasing my 182 in January I have had problems avoiding speed bumps as I am aware that my cat/centre box will scrape.

Today I had a further look under the car and all mounts looked to be as they should.

I wondered if anyone can advise on the best way to fix this issue.

Pictures below for reference:

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
You again..

These cars always sag at that point, but it's not just sagging straight down, it's partly twisting from the rear.. You need to take the strain off the back box, then the 2 Middle sections and clamp the fker back up...

What you really need is a to do is make a new hanger at that point..

You'll sort it, and it will sag again like my nans swingers.

RFB

BG 182 FF
You again..

These cars always sag at that point, but it's not just sagging straight down, it's partly twisting from the rear.. You need to take the strain off the back box, then the 2 Middle sections and clamp the fker back up...

What you really need is a to do is make a new hanger at that point..

You'll sort it, and it will sag again like my nans swingers.

Thanks for advice. Seeing as you live in the Reading/Berkshire area. Is there anyone you would recommend who could take a look at this for me?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Thanks for advice. Seeing as you live in the Reading/Berkshire area. Is there anyone you would recommend who could take a look at this for me?

What are your rear exhaust rubbers like? I'm about to do a pikey mod, I'd suggest it..

I'm about all week so can take a look see..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Ive just done the same with my hanger + tigerseal, works a treat.

You might need a new centre hanger, needs to be the red rubber.