ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust, how much life is left in this one?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I was under the car today, to me it's not looking healthy:

zorst.jpg

It's an 05 on 40k, I would replace with a stainless system, but I could do without the expense at the moment. Does it have much longer?

They tend to last about 3 years, you'd be better replacing it with an after-market exhaust (stainless steel). Never have to replace it again ;)

The exhaust I've just taken off mine looks similar to that.

M2 Competition
If it fails it'll be at the back of the backbox.

Can you see the condition of the bend at other end of the box?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines a little rusty but still works fine. and its done 40500 miles and its an 05.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
They tend to last about 3 years, you'd be better replacing it with an after-market exhaust (stainless steel). Never have to replace it again ;)

The exhaust I've just taken off mine looks similar to that.

They're rubbish! It had a new centre section under warranty at 16k.

fad

Clio 182 FF
I'm still on the original exhaust at 55k :eek:

Still fine at the minute but decided to buy a Miltek for the sake of it :eek:

Are the rear boxes double skinned if so then it looks worse than it is

Lots of Alfas
Its not that bit you want to be worried about, its where the pipe goes into the back of the back box. If thats badly rusted you dont have very long.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Mine has had a new rear box not so long ago, but that is corroded and the baffles are loose throughout:(

Mine (04 plate) looks in a similar state to the one in the original post.
Could someone please give me an idea of how much we are talking for a replacement (fitted) of the same ?
I went to a local Tyres and Exhaust place and was told it's a main dealer job only ? Is that true ?
I was going to wait until August when the MOT is due and at a Garage I trust but would really appreciate knowing how much this is going to cost
Thanks !