ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust getting louder and LOUDER !!!!!

Clio 182 cup
The Blueflame fitted to my 182 is getting louder and louder. There are no leaks in the system.
Would it make much difference to the performance of the car if i got a silencer welded in after the cat where the original exhaust had one?
Or is there an after market exhaust out there that wont bust my head when sitting on the motorway.?
Not called Renault for a price of the cat back system, guess it will be silly money.

thanks in advance.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Silencers apparently don't cost you any performance but i've always been sceptical but then again im no expert.

P.s i heard decatting it will sort the 70mph motorway drone :p

Mine got louder and louder until yesterday the back box fell off going over a speedbump. Sounds like a mustang at a Who concert now.

Funnily enough, its an 02 172, when I went into the garage to get a quote for getting a new one fitted, the mechanic was amazed the original had last 9 years.

53 Clio 172
Silencers apparently don't cost you any performance but i've always been sceptical but then again im no expert.

P.s i heard decatting it will sort the 70mph motorway drone :p

Would this actually work? I have a K-TEC SS and I love the noise on short drives but on the motorway its 'I want to throw myself of the window'

Clio 182 cup
Mine got louder and louder until yesterday the back box fell off going over a speedbump. Sounds like a mustang at a Who concert now.

Funnily enough, its an 02 172, when I went into the garage to get a quote for getting a new one fitted, the mechanic was amazed the original had last 9 years.

9 years is good going.
Changed mine after about 4 years, can remember hearing the solid clang as the cut up exhaust hit the garage floor and thinking thats surface rust and this is a waste of money.

Clio 172
Or they blow all the stuffing out and sound like an empty tin can, which is what they are then! If you want an SS system with NO drone on m-way, ask BTB for a Ninja. Not cheap though...