ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust gas warning light

german
came on today on the way to work. Car is very sluggish. Didn't want to drive too far so dropped it off at the Renault garage.
Any ideas what could be wrong? Worried that it's so sluggish.

Focus RS Mk1
blocked cat, dead Lambda. could be a number of things really buddy.

Id say on of the above if your ExGas light is on.

Focus RS Mk1
if you need a new cat then its worthwhile biting the bullet and going for a sports cat. that way you have the performance increase (ever so slightly) and the MOT pass too.

All depends how much a new Cat is really. I picked up my two kittens for £40...meow! oops, slight off track there!

anywhere near £200 and i'd go for the sports one. Or buy a std one and decat the car. just means u need to swap it all around come MOT time.

Anyway. it may not be that so just wait n see what renault say.

keep us posted.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
mines booked in for thu for o2 sensor! which caused the eng man light to come on :(

Focus RS Mk1
changing a Lambda probe is dead easy.

one spanner to undo it. remove from electrical connection. re fit new one :)

Focus RS Mk1
they vary...cant say for a clio but for a genuwine citroen one on my spaxo it was about 70quid.

german
not any more. £138. That's now the 3rd thing gone wrong since warranty ran out a few months ago. Suppose I should expect if from a Renault

New HT leads - I have some on 15k you can have cheap matey which are working fine. Entirely upto you though :)

Reanult new certainly aint cheap!

You sure that doesnt include the coilpack, still damn expensive! (that include fitting too?)

I will have a spare coilpack too which you can have if need be let me know

german
that includes fitting and a spark plug. They couldn't diagnose it straightaway. The leads are 93 plus VAT. The rest is labour, 2 hours I'm guessing. Don't want to drive it anywhere in case it damages the cat.

Renault are a joke! Where you based matey?

Just for your info I bought bascailly a brand new engine for the price they want LOL

german
I know it's probably easy, but without any mechanical knowledge I wouldn't have been able to diagnose the problem. Even if I pulled the car now and fitted the part myself, they're still going to want to be paid for the time spent working on it.

I know it's probably easy, but without any mechanical knowledge I wouldn't have been able to diagnose the problem. Even if I pulled the car now and fitted the part myself, they're still going to want to be paid for the time spent working on it.

Tis a shame you dont live nearer to me otherwise Id be happy to help,

Right ill do my best on here instead - you have a missfire - My money will be on leads or coilpack (the plugs are usually good)

Have you tried pulling a lead off one by one while its running to determine which one is missing?

german
yeah but as I said, I can't just take the car away and expect them to not charge for spark plug and the labour. Maybe I am stupid that I've spent about £80 more than I could be, but I need the car and not the hassle.

I wasnt implying your stupid matey sorry!

What im saying is I could do the plugs leads coilpack in 20 minutes easily!! If I can you can too! ;) But if you can afford it why not!

german
fair enough, but I wouldn't know what was wrong with the car in the first place. Very unusual for a car of 39000 miles and 3.5 years old to need new leads.