ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Gas Monitor Warning Light - help!!

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
Hi everyone!

For the couple of weeks, I've noticed that when i first start driving my car each day, it's really stuttery and jerky, to the point where it must look like im having trouble with the clutch lol. I thought it was just cause it's cold (i got this car at the end of march this year, so I haven't really driven it in the winter time).

Anyway, more recently, the exhaust gas monitor warning light flashed for about 10 seconds, here and there, mainly just when i start driving. Then it seemed like the stuttering got much better after the engine got a bit warmer.

Over the past couple of days, the light has been flashing more constantly, and the engine sounds like its misfiring, and sounds more like a diesel than a petrol.

Any ideas of whats causing this? What will it take to fix it etc??

Thanks!
Joe

clio 172, westfield
engine management light flashing is missfire detection, check coil and plugs, failure of the coil with the plug leads built in is common, when was the last time the plugs where changed

Golf GT & A4 Avant
my exhaust gas warning light started flashing 1st thing in the morning for 2 days, the coldest of the week. was running very rough as I tried to drive away on lower throttle/ almost idleing.

Put it on the CLIP and registered a misfire on No. 3 cylinder. hasn't done it since the weather has warmed a little. best to check your plugs and leads, mine having the plugs changed shortly anyway as it's coming up to 72k service.

182 with cup packs
Hi, I had this and two sensors had gone, one in the exhaust and one in the airbox. Once replaced it ran fine.

renaultsport clio172
has it had the engine loom replaced yet with the modified part? common failure also as stated above the coil pack is troublesome and i had one where the plug gaps were to tight and it ran really strangely.