ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excited! Picking this up tomorrow (Bikers get in here)

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
GSX-R600 L4. This is the first time I've bought anything brand new since my 172 Cup back in 2003! Its also the first time I've been this excited about something since then! :p (Apart from becoming a daddy) Picking it up at 8:30am tomorrow, I managed to convince the shop to open early for me so I can get out as soon as possible! :evil:

2014-Suzuki-GSXR600a.jpg

I considered a Triumph Daytona 675 but thought the riding position was too extreme for me, the GSXR just seemed a lot more comfortable and I've had 2xCBR600's so didn't want another Honda which was my only other consideration. Its old skool biking right there, no ABS, no traction control, no anti wheelie (its only a baby 600 mind!).

Anyone got experience of the GSXR?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Good man! Can't see the pics though.. not sure if it's just me?

I used to have a 675 mate cracking bikes! Very narrow though I felt huge on it lol.

Been looking at k8-k10 Gixxers lately, good value for money! Can't really go wrong with a GSXR, pretty proven bike.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Pics working for me, its just hyperlinked off another website, I'm not too techy these days! ha

Yeah the Daytona was very narrow, but the sound of those bikes is amazing. Coming from a 2002 CBR600 this thing feels light as a feather, plus its got about 30bhp more too, should be fun! Its also got Brembo monoblock brakes so should be able to stop on a 20p piece!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Ahh nice choice in bike!! I'm leaning towards one of these for my next bike after the 400!

A friend of mine has a 675r, beautiful machine and sounds awesome with the arrow can on!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Some photos from Saturday after I just picked her up. The photos really dont do the bike justice, when the sun hits that metallic blue it looks fantastic.

Done 180 miles on it so far and its an awesome machine, shame it has to be run in for 500miles @ under 7k but in 6th thats 85mph so I've had a bit fun in the twistys!

14370766009_80078bcd30_c.jpg
IMG_2141 by FrankieFish2012, on Flickr

14557374515_08d82f2dfd_c.jpg
IMG_2135 by FrankieFish2012, on Flickr

14370689550_b68809d9ab_c.jpg
IMG_2137 by FrankieFish2012, on Flickr

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
My mate should sold a GSXR for an Elise, it was 1000cc and really did look awesome.

I dont know much about bike but looks good mate!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate, bet you're pleased with it :)

Got any plans for it, exhaust etc? the cans they stick on bikes these days are like wheelie bins lol!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Very nice mate, bet you're pleased with it :)

Got any plans for it, exhaust etc? the cans they stick on bikes these days are like wheelie bins lol!

I'm trying to hold off mods until the novelty value wears off! But defo a new can, possibly even headers too and get rid of the CAT. Akra system is over £1000 though:eek: It actually sounds pretty good as standard, quite grumbly low down the rev range but never had it screaming yet! I'm really pleased with it, first ride out with 23miles on it was with a Repsol Fireblade, GSXR1000 and a Z1000! Give it 50 miles to scrubb the tyres in then got it leaned over a fair bit, it just goes exactly where you point it, its so light and nimble! Can't wait to open it up mind!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to hold off mods until the novelty value wears off! But defo a new can, possibly even headers too and get rid of the CAT. Akra system is over £1000 though:eek: It actually sounds pretty good as standard, quite grumbly low down the rev range but never had it screaming yet! I'm really pleased with it, first ride out with 23miles on it was with a Repsol Fireblade, GSXR1000 and a Z1000! Give it 50 miles to scrubb the tyres in then got it leaned over a fair bit, it just goes exactly where you point it, its so light and nimble! Can't wait to open it up mind!

I can't really justify the cost of a full system, they're silly money. Won't get much in terms of gains either & lets face it, they're quick enough as is!!

I've always been about a slip on lol!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
always have wanted a GSXR 600

always thought they look a stunning bike

hats off you - nice machine there.

all i say don't drive it like some of the other tools on the road.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Thanks for the comments, I promise to get some better photos on my proper camera rather than my old iphone 4!

Fil_b I'm not the type of biker that would overtake on solid whites, or on blind bends etc. I'm just out there having fun but would never ride like a tool (although I think the general publics view of a stupid overtake differs from a bikers. We do normally have a better viewpoint being slightly higher up/no A pillars blocking our view look much further up the road etc + it don't take long to overtake on a bike :D )

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
That looks lovely!

My stepdad has just bought a new ZX-10R, I'd love a bike but would never be able to behave.

ZX-10R is a beast! I know what you mean about not being able to behave, its so easy to get to licence losing speeds! 1st gear on a ZX-10R will probably take you over 100mph! crazy! I tend to take it easy on the motorways/dual carriageways but when you get to the country roads the fun begins as its easier to open it up without having to worry about plod.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I used to tear about on mine, I then realised quickly that I wouldn't last long so wound it in :)