ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessively noisy fans

Titanium 182
I've had this problem for some time now, the fans inside of my Clio got overly loud last winter - imagine a messerschmitt taking off, that's pretty close!

Any ideas what it could be/how to solve it?

Titanium 182
Driving home from Leeds last night the fans never really got up to temp, and weren't blowing strong at all (it was FREEZING!). I've recorded a quick video, I reckon the fan blower is knackered but I have no idea if I'm honest...

th_IMG_1750.jpg

Audi A3
cant see the video just because im at work

fan above your head, the climate control one, or the heaters on the dash?

Black 172
Lol @ sounds like a plane, it does as well!
When you cut the power it has that "fan blades touching plastic" sound to it?

Titanium 182
Lol @ sounds like a plane, it does as well!
When you cut the power it has that "fan blades touching plastic" sound to it?

Whoops sorry didn't see this reply! It does indeed, I think I'm gonna take apart the heater blower - where is it? Behind the dash or under the scuttle panel?

Titanium 182
Located the blower to under the scuttle panel on the drivers side, I assume the bulky part on top is the evaporator for the a/c? Can I take it off without removing the wipers?

clio 172
alright mate no pretty sure you cant and the blower is to the left of the hole unit and its a mare to get the hole thing out