ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exalto 2's vs Pilot Sport 3's...?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I guess this is a question that's been asked a few times before. Anyway, it would seem according to the retailers that the Exalto 2's are becoming a little difficult to get hold of for a good price. Camskill out of stock and unsure when the next delivery will be.

I always used Exalto's on the 182 Cup I once had and to me they were probably the best road tyre I've ever experienced. I was looking to replace all four tyre's on my Ibiza Cupra TDi and really liked the idea of returning to Exalto's once more.

So, is there a difference aside from price on the Pilot Sport 3's against the Exalto 2's?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I ran PE2's and now PS3's no difference between them. Still the best all rounder out there IMO

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I ran PE2's and now PS3's no difference between them. Still the best all rounder out there IMO

Ok, so no difference in longevity, feedback, tyre noise? Any slight differences regarding road temperatures?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ok, so no difference in longevity, feedback, tyre noise? Any slight differences regarding road temperatures?

None that I have noticed, been great in the snow and were great last summer.

Not noticed them wearing any quicker / slower and TBH my car is to loud to notice tyre noise either way.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
None that I have noticed, been great in the snow and were great last summer.

Not noticed them wearing any quicker / slower and TBH my car is to loud to notice tyre noise either way.

That sounds very good indeed. I must say although the Exalto is classed as a summer tyre I still found the winter grip levels were superb.:)