ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EX04 - Aldershot

Full Fat 182
I see your car all the time parked up outside your house... not sure if a member?

But anyway... thought a spotted was well past due. Very nice motor lowered with cage, always kept looking very tidy.

clioaldershot_zps2fbbeb64.png

tuckerj

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Cup & More
I see your car all the time parked up outside your house... not sure if a member?

But anyway... thought a spotted was well past due. Very nice motor lowered with cage, always kept looking very tidy.

clioaldershot_zps2fbbeb64.png

Its mine!

Yeah neighbours love me as its always parked there! lol

Its not my everyday day car mainly used for trackday fun, but do drive it to work once or twice a week..

http://youtu.be/-ogLKG2DFqk

Matt

Full Fat 182
wow.. giving it some beans! Yet to take mine to track. Did you prepare the car yourself? I didn't realise the dash was flocked until watching that video, just had mine done by the flock shop in Gosport, sterling job;

clio182interior2_zps437e3a32.jpg

tuckerj

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Cup & More
Yeah done myself from a standard 182 cup, picked up my dash second hand so was just a case of fitting it. Yours is a lot smarter than mine! And the re-trimmed wheel looks very good indeed.

The clio is great value on track and is more than capable of leaving more powerful machines in its wake by maintaining good corner speed, would highly recommend it.

I think I may have spotted you today if the orange on your dash is anything to go by...about 6.20pm ish in Aldershot at the traffic lights by the casque and gauntlet/cricketers pub heading towards badhot lea? Silver 05 plate with an orange diamond and bonnet pins? I waived but was in a blue E90 so don't think you noticed, or probably just thought I was a nutter!

Full Fat 182
Snappy did the wheel :) Fantastic job. Only gripe is that standard 182 wheels could do with being a tad smaller for drivability, but does look neat.

That were indeed me I was just going to pop some air in the tyres after lots of milage over the weekend. I don't know if you noticed... or maybe I'de taken them out by that point... but also collected these yesterday to pop on in the next couple of weeks once the car's on lower springs;

turbineshine_zpsbd5714d2.jpg

Everything's coming together slowly.

tuckerj

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Cup & More
Nice.. always had a soft spot for turbines, the refurb on those is very good.. will be intrested to see how they look on the car, but as you say it will need to be lowered first to pull it off.

I personally think the car handles better on 15's... I stuck mine on a few weeks before doing the suspension, and although it looked wrong interms of arch gap, the feel was better, and that was with two cracked front springs which I didn't know about until changing the suspension and the MOT never picked up!

Are your bonnet pins because of any mods, JMS airbox / ITB's or the like, or are they just to keep bonnet well shut?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I wondered if this car would show up one here, I have seen it around quite a bit. Looks really tidy :)

Full Fat 182
Purely to keep bonnet shut at the moment, I read up on a few of the horror stories people had with their bonnets flinging up at motorway speeds and a week later had the pins on. However, ideally I would love to turbo to car in future. Once cash allows I'm sure it'll be done.. however unfortunately the more sensible side of me has decided mortgage must come before anything quite that serious!