ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO magazine 184 July RS Clio 200 T versus the rest

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Day.... oh wait a minute.

Anyway as a Ford lover i've been excited about reading this one. Pint of Heini and a good read later after football.

ypu6y2em.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just read the road test...can't argue with their reasoning for placing the Clio 4th although I think that is a bit harsh. Side by side to the average Jo there's little over and above price and personal preference (and the Clio's 'box) that differentiates them. I'm glad I've gone for the ST, but wouldn't be remotely unhappy if I hadn't and was instead currently waiting for a 200T.

The 200T's problem is that it doesn't really sit alongside this class of car anymore so when compared it comes off worse...it's now midway between old Mk3 Clio and the current Megane (heavier and trying to be bigger/more practical)...no man's land really.

Standing alone I still think it's a great car.

ff cup ur 200
i think the depreciation on these could be even more horrific than normal given there look warm reviews from the press, and could well be a great buy in 12months time id be all over one for 13 or 14k.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The new Clio Renaultsport is the Windows Vista of the car world.

Won't be a bad thing if they can bring out a 7 afterwards!

I suspect Renault are now aiming this car at a new audience, not the 18-25s but the people who have more disposable income.

The Golf GTI, Focus St sort.

Its no longer a super-mini, like the cars it was placed against in EVO.

Its a "sporty family car" now.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I really fancy a fiesta st tbh. Wonder what sort of finance deals are on offer.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
not liking the sound of this from telegraph...

All the cars come with three main modes of operation. Normal is a standard
amount of engine idle speed, a soft throttle gain and feel, early gear upshifts
and a soft steering feel. Sport and Race progressively turn these settings down
or off, although there's a fair bit of button pressing to get there and the
chassis will always revert to safe and cotton-wool-wrapped if you stop the
engine or even select reverse.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Read it. Main thing that got my attention is that it's heavier than the Juke. I'll just repeat that, 200t heavier than Juke 'Nismo'.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
200T still lighter than a 200.

Not sure how the f**k they got a Juke Nismo so light. I love them, very interesting choice of car.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Not sure how the f**k they got a Juke Nismo so light. I love them, very interesting choice of car.

Technically the 200T is the same weight as the old 200 albeit the cup model.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Technically the 200T is the same weight as the old 200 albeit the cup model.

Err, according to this roadtest...it's not lighter or the same as the old 200, it's heavier. Quite a bit heavier too.

Unless I'm reading something wrong...I saw almost 1,300 kgs for the 200T.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

A normal 200 is only 1240kg is it not? Which means the 200T is heavier surely.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Chat has been for months that it was lighter. Not that I care, the ST is clearly a fantastic car.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The weights earlier on in this thread are wrong. The 200T is 1,204kg as confirmed by Renault which is the same as the outgoing 200 Cup.

Somebody's added an extra 90Kgs somewhere whether it be Evo mag or who ever posted the figures up here.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
The MK4 clio 5 door is lighter than the MK3 5 door. Thats where the reports of "being lighter" comes from I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Renault say a lot of things, How many 197's make 197BHP?

I presume Evo have taken all the cars and weighed them themselves thus arriving at this figure

Yeah Evo weighed them. 1 full tank no driver iirc.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The weights earlier on in this thread are wrong. The 200T is 1,204kg as confirmed by Renault which is the same as the outgoing 200 Cup.

Somebody's added an extra 90Kgs somewhere whether it be Evo mag or who ever posted the figures up here.

They're not...the weights are real...not Renault's prediction.

Yeah Evo weighed them. 1 full tank no driver iirc.

Exactly. Same scales, same day, one after the other.

Regardless of what the actual ultimate weights are and how far out their original estimates were...it's the differences between them that's the concern for Renault.

They'd been saying it was circa 40kgs heavier than the Fiesta...and it turns out to be more like 100kgs! Dynamically, that's a hell of a burden to be carrying about.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The biggest thing here imo is, Ford have always been a tad behind at times with some lap times and some pub 0-60 times but they always made up for it in the drive and possibly the running costs and price etc. This proves a massive massive change and swing now.

It's actually now properly showing up to these hot hatch contests. Can you imagine the old ST versus a JCW mini etc? I'm just happy and proud to a point, that they have and they seem to have made a bloody good car that's properly competing.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You've got it the wrong way round. 194BHP is 197PS.

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/driver-tools/power-converter

No, you've got it wrong...my 200 only makes 194bhp...proven on a rolling road.

The point is...generally what Renault state is some way from reality. Power, weight, whatever.

They say it weighs 1,204kgs...it actually weights 1,300kgs.

They say they make 200bhp/PS/whatever, they actually make less.

Renault over-promise and under-sell...that's the point being withoutabix was trying to make to you.

These figs are from Evo weighing each car with a full tank and no driver on board, Renault's will be a dry weight with no fluids that's why it's lighter.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes but comparing apples with apples. Same scales, same requirements (full tank) same day, same unbiased people taking the readings.

the Clio is lacking behind in that area even though Renault claimed it to be no worse than the outgoing model.

If anyone picks up the magazine this month, make sure you read the Dean Stoneman interview as well as the Clio stuff. Amazing story, I thought I did pretty well when I was in hospital seriously ill last year with my recovery etc, but he is on another level entirely.