ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evening Photo shoot (and a new toy!)

S23

The Cleee-O
Wow! These shots are awesome, they are so good. 1 and 5 are my favourite out of those two choices. But all of them look amazing, genuinely.

I know it's a bit like a magician revealing his tricks, but how do you do those rolling shots so clearly? Do you lean out the back of a car and take them? Or are they still shots Photoshopped to look like movement? Either way they're epic :D

No panning, no other cars....it's called a rig shot.

As a special CS exclusive, here's an outake shot, straight out of the camera and resized:

DSC_5377.jpg

Now you can see how the shot is made up. That's Mark and his friend pushing the car back to the start of a run.
Mark then gets in the car, his friend pushes out of sight, and voila!

S23

The Cleee-O
No panning, no other cars....it's called a rig shot.

As a special CS exclusive, here's an outake shot, straight out of the camera and resized:

DSC_5377.jpg

Now you can see how the shot is made up. That's Mark and his friend pushing the car back to the start of a run.
Mark then gets in the car, his friend pushes out of sight, and voila!

Wow! That's cool, didn't realise you could do that, they must be pretty sturdy rigs then to branch out that far and keep exactly where you put them then? Guessing you just Photoshop out the rig after then? That's really interesting. Cheers for the info mate, would love to see this being done :D

Yeh it has to be pretty strong - especially when you have £3k+ of camera hanging off the end too!
As you say, the rig is then photoshopped out - so hopefully you won't notice. But some shots make this harder than others, these were relatively easy.

S23

The Cleee-O
Jeez! Costs a little more then my 350D then :p Ha. I didn't realise it attached that far in! Guessing it has to though for the sturdyness. Wouldn't be able to do those shots on mine that's for sure, don't think there would be enough room for the rig underneath with my ground clearence. Ha. The shots have an awesome sense of speed, even though it's only being pushed. Amazing really. Cheers for the info man, will be sure to keep checking out your site regularly :D

172 Cup
Wow amazing shots.
Just cheked your website too and I'm in awe.

Got myself a DSLR recently and starting to play with different techniques

Thanks guys :)

I was going to put a request thread asking for people who would let me shoot their cars, as I would really like to build up my 'portfolio' a bit.

But Im going to be quite busy abroad up until xmas, so I can't guarantee when I will be able to do a shoot.

And also, as much as I love Clios ;), I think I have done enough for my website. I would really like to get loads of different 'performance' cars on there as well.
That doesn't mean I won't do shoots on people Clios any more though!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Hi mate theyre crackin shots indeed, love the rig shots :) always thought u photoshopped ur pics for the blur effect. The backing lights make a serious difference as well.

Iv just got my hands on a D3x for sale, whats the reason for almost £2k price difference in both models ?

Hi mate theyre crackin shots indeed, love the rig shots :) always thought u photoshopped ur pics for the blur effect. The backing lights make a serious difference as well.

Iv just got my hands on a D3x for sale, whats the reason for almost £2k price difference in both models ?

The D3x is a 25mp studio style camera, I think there a few other differences too, but I didnt look into it too much as I couldnt afford £5k!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
There should be a calendar made up entirely of your shots tbh.

If you are reading this Dan, do the above. I would buy a calendar of your shots and might get you a bit of money.... Good way to cash in on all your excellent shots...

Thanks guys :)

I was going to put a request thread asking for people who would let me shoot their cars, as I would really like to build up my 'portfolio' a bit.

But Im going to be quite busy abroad up until xmas, so I can't guarantee when I will be able to do a shoot.

And also, as much as I love Clios ;), I think I have done enough for my website. I would really like to get loads of different 'performance' cars on there as well.
That doesn't mean I won't do shoots on people Clios any more though!

Dan post these up on Pistonheads too as members on there would be interested in this type of photoshoot

:)

There should be a calendar made up entirely of your shots tbh.

I'm sure I'll have more than 12 shots of Clios next year. Maybe a 2011 calender then ;)

If you are reading this Dan, do the above. I would buy a calendar of your shots and might get you a bit of money.... Good way to cash in on all your excellent shots...

Thanks, very nice to hear :)

Dan post these up on Pistonheads too as members on there would be interested in this type of photoshoot

:)

I've never been on the PH forums. I might sign up and do a request :)

Superb as always Dan, but can you stop posting them please, as I'm fighting with myself not to spend all my money on a rig and new glass :dapprove:

bodied 172 Ph1
wicked shots! Good work, would love to do this with my clio! pic 4,5 & 6 make my eyes go funny! lol

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
ever fancy taking photos of a Racing Blue Ph1, gimme a shout ;)

Great photos! :D

carl

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I just figure out where the other shots were taken Dan! lol
wish we had tried some shots of mine there now.

Thanks again guys!

I just figure out where the other shots were taken Dan! lol
wish we had tried some shots of mine there now.

I wondered if you recognised it. Yeh it was a shame we ran out of time on our shoot.
But at least we know its a good location! :cool:

Few more out takes :)
businessparkBTS.jpg

quarry2BTS.jpg

quarryBTS.jpg

PS. No comments on what Im wearing! They are my scruffy clothes, and rolling about on the floor under a car gets them quite dirty :rasp: