ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP and service light

b/g 182, meg tourer
and yes i have searched...
its happening nearly every time i drive the car now. i drive for 5 mins and ESP and SERV come on together and stay on until i turn the engine off. once started again they are gone, 5 mins of driving again and they are back on. it also makes my cruise controll not work, but the speed limiter does still work.
getting no faults on code reader. ABS light is not coming on with them, just serv and esp so i guess that rules out brake pedal switch (which i have already checked) and abs rings.

im thinking it could be the steering wheel sensor. is this likely? any signs to tell if it is that before i throw money at it? and how much would it be to replace?
also is it possible that it is my front shocks? Mr MOT man said that i have play in the front right shock, they are being replaced soon along with top mounts.
thanks in advance.

Clio 172mk2
mine used to do this and it was the brake pedal switch just pulled it to its maximum length , then refitted with pedal down and let pedal up u should hear the switch click on each notch. After that mine didnt happen again. But i had just had new brake discs and pads fitted which can result in this

b/g 182, meg tourer
as said in op... i have checked the pedal switch (adjusted it etc)
although it was quite a loose fit where it twists into. seems fine tho with a little insulation tape around the clip.

Clio 172mk2
have a look for any cracks in abs rings, was it just a hand held reader. if it was might need to go upto a renault one to identify it. Else youd only be guessing what to change

Clio sport 182
could be a cv gaitor clip broken and wrapped its self over the abs ring turn the wheels lock to lock and check the abs rings for damge and if any cv gaitor clip has come off and gone over the abs ring