ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP & ABS lights on since re-fitting my engine

Trafic 140dci
Since re-fitting my engine i now have these lights on. Before the engine came out the drivers side ABS sensor wire melted on the exhaust manifold, it hadn't caused these lights to come on at that time as i didn't know this had happened untill the engine came out i decided i'd repaired those wires while the engine was out.

But now it re-fitted i have the ABS, ESP and SERV lights on, just thought i'd mention it incase it could be related.

ABS appears to work as when i test drove the car it was kicking in, Traction control doesn't seem to work though.

I do also the engine warning light on, but think that might be related to my decat as that was on before the engine came out.

Any idea's appreciated, just as i solve my clutch problem i get another! lol.

Trafic 140dci
When you say you repaired the ABS cable what did you do?
it melted through, so pulled the cables apart to separate them, joined them together then used plenty of insulation tape to keep them separate, you thinking i may have fudged something up? lol

What was the clutch problem, I missed the outcome.
I haven't had time to reply in all honesty, annoyingly it was only the ratchet mechanism, i didn't realise you need to get your fingers in and release it to reset it :eek:

New clutch and cable feels lovely now :) i dare say when the clutch cable was changed by the previous owner, they never touched the ratchet mechanism which is why when i bought the car the clutch was slipping and would explain why the clutch i took out was fairly mint...

I could be wrong but I think the ABS cables are shielded cables and are a twisted pair so my guess is they are not happy at being connected but I could be wrong. If not have you disturbed the loom down near the ABS connector upto the bulkhead?

Trafic 140dci
I could be wrong but I think the ABS cables are shielded cables and are a twisted pair so my guess is they are not happy at being connected but I could be wrong. If not have you disturbed the loom down near the ABS connector upto the bulkhead?
It was one cable with insulation round it then the other wrapped round it then the final insulation if that's what you mean?

Haven't touched any of that as it was the drivers side cable that got damaged.

Depends how you joined them, if the resistance has changed and is out of tollerance then it will throw an error.

Trafic 140dci
Depends how you joined them, if the resistance has changed and is out of tollerance then it will throw an error.
Litterally pulled them apart enough to use a crimp connectors, then lots of insulation tape... Is this a no no? Do i need to replace the wire now?

182cup & 172 racecar
I haven't had time to reply in all honesty, annoyingly it was only the ratchet mechanism, i didn't realise you need to get your fingers in and release it to reset it :eek:

New clutch and cable feels lovely now :) i dare say when the clutch cable was changed by the previous owner, they never touched the ratchet mechanism which is why when i bought the car the clutch was slipping and would explain why the clutch i took out was fairly mint...

Oh, thankyou Tony. I told you so. ;)

Trafic 140dci
Ok so this problem is still persisting, got my self an RS Tuner so thought i'd make the most of the fault code reader this is what it has brought up as 'Present'

3D5764A3-394D-47A2-A677-269FF719B0B7-3013-000006F25D0F6DFE.jpg

So it doesn't really help!? lol any idea's?