ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EP3 Civic Race Car Project.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Not much has been happening, still waiting for the cage, it's on route on a pallet somewhere, expected it this week but unless it comes tomorrow (xmas eve) I won't see it for a while.
I've started removing some interior brackets and the seat rails and it's the most boring job ever!

Managed to finish giving the wheels a lick of Matt black.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419368650.246222.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419368691.767809.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419368711.656673.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419368746.859137.jpg

Just waiting for the correct nuts to arrive for them and I can bolt them on and get it mobile for it going to the cage man.
More when the cage turns up and I can mick my seating position up etc
Russ

How did you do such a good job on the wheels!?!? Without any paint running or sagging. I seriously need to change my technique I think.

Did you use primer?

Spray can I take it or a proper gun?

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate etch primed first on the bare metal, few coats of regular primer, all flatted off before a few coats of Matt black top coat. Just rattle can job. The Matt black is very forgiving and easy to get a good finish. Obviously the key is the prep. They're no where near perfect but good enough for the intended purpose.
Russ