ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine wont start after removing OEM alarm

I removed the whole of the oem alarm system (A-pillar sensors, bonnet mech, alarm siren and all wiring) from the track car yesterday and now the car wont start. The engine turns over once or twice but does not fire up. I capped off any exposed wires with heat shrinking tube to eliminate any short circuits (if any).

The battery was removed for about a week.

The electrics of the car work fine, headlights are bright as the battery as been kept on a trickle charger.

Any help guys?

Cheers

172cup
Don't think it's as easy as just removing it must be matched in with the uhc and ecu I'm sure you will now have to find some where to reprogram the ecu or uhc

I can hear something turning on it may well be the pump priming.

I read on here that the alarm system was retro fitted when the Cups came into the country The alarm siren houses the alarm ECU, so removing this and all components "should" be ok...

Your right though there does not seem to be fuel or spark!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Hmmm. All 172 I have seen have had the alarm installed after production. They splice into the door lock button and hazards and the system runs independent from the car. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've seen 3-4 clio's and they are all done like this :/

I removed mine from the 172 as I did my head in and to top it off it was fitted by Renault Sheffield using the biggest electrical connector blocks going.

Pikeys!

Still worked tho think you may have another problem.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Normally you can just unplug the alarm and it will still work perfectly happily, its seperate to the immobiliser, for example when we had issues with false alarms on ours I simply unplugged it and everything else still worked. And I know plenty of other people who have done the same.

So I would guess you have made an error somehow in the stripping out of the loom.

Thanks for input guys.

Rev counter now works, was due to no white wire connection leading into the diagnostic port (removed from airbag ecu) so ended up stitched together and it worked. Again another problem caused my moi.