ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine woking bad, misfire, maybe 3 pistons

renault clio 1.4 16v
Since yesterday the engine works bad, seems like misfire, maybe a sensor or something that cause to not work 4 cylinders.
with 800 rpm it has a small vibration and with 2-3000 rpm it has a bad noise and doest has power

any idea ??!!

twingo
pull out the spark plugs whilst connected to the coils with the ignition set to OFF!
get a pair of insulated tongs and hold the ignition coils above the cylinder head and turn the igniton on and start the car, observe the spark coming from each spark plug as you test them. if any of the spark plugs do not spark, turn the ignition off and take the spark plug out of the coil and place the coil lead onto the cylinder head and check to see wether or not the coil is sparking ; this is how to identify wether or not it is the spark plugs or the coils.

please make sure you put in an old spark plug into the spark plug hole so that no fuel comes out and you do not risk an engine fire or explosion! good luck.

renault clio 1.4 16v
pull out the spark plugs whilst connected to the coils with the ignition set to OFF!
get a pair of insulated tongs and hold the ignition coils above the cylinder head and turn the igniton on and start the car, observe the spark coming from each spark plug as you test them. if any of the spark plugs do not spark, turn the ignition off and take the spark plug out of the coil and place the coil lead onto the cylinder head and check to see wether or not the coil is sparking ; this is how to identify wether or not it is the spark plugs or the coils.

please make sure you put in an old spark plug into the spark plug hole so that no fuel comes out and you do not risk an engine fire or explosion! good luck.

I brought it to a service and he said the sparks seems ok since it doesnt have any smoke at all
maybe a sensor he said

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Could be:

Timing belt slipped
Coil pack
TDC sensor
MAF sensor
Injectors
HT/spark plugs

Can you get it hooked up to a diagnostic code reader?

twingo
Could be:

Timing belt slipped
Coil pack
TDC sensor
MAF sensor
Injectors
HT/spark plugs

Can you get it hooked up to a diagnostic code reader?

what he said ^^^ although you'd be able to rule out the coil pack / ht / spark plugs by doing what i done. the timing belt you can rule that one out too, if it snapped, the engine wouldn't be turning now would it ?!?!
deffinately best to get a diagnostic reader onto it. this will at least give you a starting point of where to look for! diagnostics are NOT reliable though.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
the timing belt you can rule that one out too, if it snapped, the engine wouldn't be turning now would it ?!?!

i didn't say snapped, I said slipped ;) if it slips a tooth the timing would be affected causing a misfire. So no, you cant rule it out.