ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine OUT?!

Is there a sticky/guide anywhere with how to lift the engine (possibly with pics)

Have a Haynes but they use 3 words where on will do.

Cheers Bailey

Lionel Richie
its not that hard fella

bonet and bumper off, radiator out, battery out, driveshafts out, unbolt the engine mounts and crane it out

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
radiator, sump,
pretty much every thing i fink..correct me if im wrong sum one but you dont need to but its advised drain the power steering brakes and stuff.

Tungy
Don't need to take the bumper off. When Fred says undo the exhaust manifold he means from the downpipe. Don't try to unbolt it from the head. I'm sure you won't but just to clarify, more hassle than its worth. Oh and do you have abs? Makes it extra ahrd to get out!

Tungy
radiator, sump,
pretty much every thing i fink..correct me if im wrong sum one but you dont need to but its advised drain the power steering brakes and stuff.

Need to drain the power steering fluid because the pipe needs to be dissconected. Also gearbox oil. No need to drain brake fluid though?

Caddy Maxi
no need to drain sump oil either. i got one out roadside in the rain in 3 hours on my own. piece of piss.

Gearbox should be drained but you could leave it in just have to leave the passenger side shaft in place as that part of the seal.

Ok am all sorted ready for tomorrow morning, aprart from mani and fuel lines.

2 small problems though, when i pushed out the roll pin it demolished it, is there any other way of sorting it (ie a bolt of the same diameter) as renault will be closed tomorrow or do i even need to replace it?

also when i withdrew the passanger driveshaft the thing the tripod sits in also came out (not good i am presuming) have it seated back again but found this, does anybody know what it is, what it does and if it is essential?

DSC00141.jpg

Ok am all sorted ready for tomorrow morning, aprart from mani and fuel lines.

2 small problems though, when i pushed out the roll pin it demolished it, is there any other way of sorting it (ie a bolt of the same diameter) as renault will be closed tomorrow or do i even need to replace it?

also when i withdrew the passanger driveshaft the thing the tripod sits in also came out (not good i am presuming) have it seated back again but found this, does anybody know what it is, what it does and if it is essential?

DSC00141.jpg

I have some extra pins here somwhere but there probably lost. there only 10 p or so.

You could just drive round without one for a bit I know a few people who have but I woulnd't recomend it. A quick repair fix is just to use some coat hanger thread. Just remeber the shaft ins't a perfect straight though hole in the center if it doesn't fit one way round turn it 180 degress and it will fit.

The cars now undrivable without that broken bearing bit there a common failure cheap from Renault but now that its not there the differential isn't held together you can put the car in gear etc and the speed will go u just the differential won't tur the wheels.

So this is the diff circlip? Where is the rest? thought the diff was on the other side (this was from passenger side) how much is this part and what do i ask for?

So this is the diff circlip? Where is the rest? thought the diff was on the other side (this was from passenger side) how much is this part and what do i ask for?

Just take it in the dealership will know what it is.

The rest in in the gearbox somwhere you've two options
1 strip the box down and find it
2 leave it and get as much fluid out as you can etc.

Its only a few pence under £5 I'm sure. 70p rings a bell.

Cant get into a dealership as i work in the week and my car is off the road :(

Will this be the reason my car wont go?

I've been menaing to look at your thread about your car not going for ages if this was broken before ou took the shaft out them yep this would show why yor car not moving.

I'm sure someone on the thread has mentioned this though.

I've been menaing to look at your thread about your car not going for ages if this was broken before ou took the shaft out them yep this would show why yor car not moving.

I'm sure someone on the thread has mentioned this though.

But the speedo never went up whilst it was running? could i have done it when removing the driveshaft?

Would i be best off putting a new box in or will it not matter as long as i replace this bit?

Will ring reno on monday, jus need to know what to ask for. :S

But the speedo never went up whilst it was running? could i have done it when removing the driveshaft?

Would i be best off putting a new box in or will it not matter as long as i replace this bit?

Will ring reno on monday, jus need to know what to ask for. :S

Just replace the bit and see might get lucky and the bit won't get into thr working just sit at the bottom of the box you might be unlucky and it get into and chi a tooth etc its a risk.

You could yep do it when removing the shaft.

What you recon then, have an RT sitting on the driveway, whip the box off that? will is just fit straight on to the shafts clutch etc?

Completly forgot to ask where the hell this goes and what it does...

Presum its the circlip to hold the washer with the tab on and the big cog thing in place...

What you recon then, have an RT sitting on the driveway, whip the box off that? will is just fit straight on to the shafts clutch etc?
Yep should do.

I'd stick with your box though for the effort.
Completly forgot to ask where the hell this goes and what it does...

Presum its the circlip to hold the washer with the tab on and the big cog thing in place...

You'd got a Halnes so the best idea is for me to tell you where it is its part 46 on the top drawing (9.1b) of page 7A-12 using that an the drawing at the front of that part will show you were it goes it goes up the place you pull the shaft from.