ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine oil change how much does it take

clio sport 172
clio 172 2002 reg

how much oil do i need to buy for a full oil change in my car. and whats the best engine flush to use?? forte iv used in previous cars.

thanks all

clio sport 172
thanks mate, have it got to be elf 5 40 fully synthetic or can i use a good quality oil like fuschs or castrol 5 w40 fully synthetic?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I would stick with fully synth, but depending on the age of the engine and what it is used for I sometimes go a little thicker on the F4R

182cup & 172 racecar
Heard bad things about engine flush stuff. Just get it nice and hot before you drain it.

You will find that 5 ltr will do it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The problem with engine flush, is really you want to then flush it through with 5 litres of fully synth after you have used it to make sure its all gone, lol

I agree with Tony, avoid it.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
If you want to flush the engine, get some 10w40 semi synth, run it for 50-100 miles, then change it when the engine is fully warmed. Don't use chemical flushes, at best they will loosen carbon deposits that were happily doing no damage.

clio sport 172
aint got owners manual havnt had the car long and just replaced engine so doing all i can to make sure it stays at its best.