ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine noise

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Sounds like it's probably had an engine transplant does it sound anything like this?

But seriously we're going to need more information, "engine noise" is a tad vague. Dephaser pulley on its way out, incorrectly timed, over/under tensioned belt, misfiring due to injectors/coils/sparks, knackered valve train, bottom end issues, could be anything fella... Upload a video of the issue perhaps?

Last edited:
  Black Clio 172
Would love to post a video of the problem but can't seem to do it atm, so just get the shitty comments from the clever f****** instead cheers guys

330i. E30 Touring.
Lol at them being clever f*****s.

That's like me asking what the noise out the window is. Without me showing you a video, it could be a million and one things.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
A description of the " engine noise " might be helpful if you can't post a video.

Black Clio 172
Hope i've done this right will be the first time for posting a video, sure someone will churp in and tell me if I haven't, anyway for those who do watch it any ideas
TIA

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When mine sounded like that it turned out to be the water pump on its way out .

Black Clio 172
Cheers mate thought it might be, did you park it up until you got it changed or did you use it for a bit before you changed it, only asking because i'm going on hol for a week tomorrow and need a car so may need to find and alternative means of transport

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd actually booked mine in for its major service , all the belts etc with Mick at Diamond motors ......... Only when I'd had all that done did he discover how bad the water pump was. Renault on the last major service had actually used a none genuine water pump which had only lasted about 28K . There was another 182 there at Micks which suffered the same but hadn't been so lucky as me ,the engine was fucked . So basically I was driving around in a ticking time bomb without knowing it . If yours is the water pump , I'd be driving it as little as possible or not at all if you can and get it sorted asap.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Yeah mine sounded like that. Then the water pump give up and nearly took the belt with it mate.

Black Clio 172
Well looks like i've one less life with the engine, the auxiliary belt skipped a ribbed so got it back in position, all good for now but booked in for belts and water pump when I get back
Thanks for the help guys