ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts

M2 Comp
Just bought a PowerFlex dog bone mount and I'm looking to replace the top Gearbox and Engine mounts whilst I'm at it.

I've noticed that you can buy non-genuine mounts from GSF, which work out at around £70 for both. Does anybody have any experience with these?

The genuine ones are around £130 so it's quite a saving, but don't want to get them if there no good!

Clio 172
Personally if you're going to replace the mounts id upgrade to above OE specs.

The top engine mount commonly gives out so would be an investment looking for a an uprated mount.

The gear box mount in OE+ spec is expensive but again probably worth doing.

M2 Comp
It's something I've considered, but I don't want the added vibrations that come with upgrading them.

As far as I'm aware, the mounts on it at the moment are the original ones and the car is now on 92k. Even replacing them with new OEM ones should give a worthwhile improvement IMO.

Clio 172
Have you looked at KTR? I know they do mounts not sure how well there rated from other users.

Vibra technic do the upper mount. (what I'll be getting when I actually get round to replacing mine)

M2 Comp
Yes looked at the KTR ones (they are just Vibra Technic ones with Ktec branding as far as I'm aware), but as I said, they probably aren't best suited to every day road-use.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Well fitted mine today and there is a little more than with just the black series dog bone. But you could definitely tell the difference when changing gear. Very impressed

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I was going by what an expert said, Fred btm. Depends if your happy with your car vibrating. I'm not. But I'm old

I can't comment on the quality of the GSF parts, but I bought a set from Renparts on Ebay (I would imagine they're the same part GSF sell!) and am happy with them. Sorted out my knocking problems and have improved the general feel of the car. Come with a 12 month warranty, too.

M2 Comp
I can't comment on the quality of the GSF parts, but I bought a set from Renparts on Ebay (I would imagine they're the same part GSF sell!) and am happy with them. Sorted out my knocking problems and have improved the general feel of the car. Come with a 12 month warranty, too.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

Many.
Used a pattern mount on one of the 172's and had no issues with it, fitment was spot on, and was just as good as the Genuine mount put on my mates 182.