ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
I have a quick Q. I've changed the dogbone mount for a powerflex jobbie, could still do with other mounts replaced as the engine vibrates like hell under acceleration. What are ppl running oem mounts or patent part ? Thanks

after reading threads and other guys comments they vibration seems to disappear after a few hundred miles....plus i've never heard of anything else unless you get ones mind...but imo im going with the upgraded ones at the end of the month

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
after reading threads and other guys comments they vibration seems to disappear after a few hundred miles....plus i've never heard of anything else unless you get ones mind...but imo im going with the upgraded ones at the end of the month

Can you keep me posted then how u are getting on with them ? If they seem ok I might invest in some.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
yes they do disappear, give it some time and man up!

Haha man up :) I've done about a 1000 miles since fitting it, vibration has gone a bit but still there at idle and the steering wheel vibrates which annoys me u need to move it slighty to stop Haha

SQ5
You'll be fine with standard new mounts, you'll be surprised how good they are when new and will last 5-7 years easily

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I thought about being 2 much. Think ill go with standard reno ones :)

53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind there are 3, the top one on the drivers side wears - you can help this by undooing the 4 big bolts around the mount and moving the engine forward - it will need a big shove as you are technically moving the weight on the engine, then just do the bolts back up once the mount has moved forward - try it, it helps :)

next one is under the battery tray, not much you can do with that one, will have to replace it - you want to be using an air gun to undo the top bolt though as it turns on the bush.

Last one is under the bearbox at the front, which bots to the subframe - there is a hole in the subframe to access the bolt, this one breaks up and causes movement and is easy to forget