ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount trauma

rps13
Just a heads up to anyone with suspected engine mount problems,

FIX THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

My downpipe had been vibrating against the subframe for a while and I didn't think much of it. So after about a month of the problem, today I pulled my finger out and fitted a set of vibratechnics mounts, lower support and a poly dogbone bush set.

To my horror the cambelt cover had been snapped into 4 pieces, narrowly avoiding taking the belt out too. I also had no bolts what so ever in the gearbox mount, bending the main through bolt and mangling the eye on top of the gearbox.

all of these problems have cost me alot more time and money than just keeping an eye on it in the first place, just a word of warning!

I've now replaced everything and the engine has never been so smooth, tight and good to drive. would recommend the engine mount combo to anyone

Alex

120d M-Sport
Bloody hell, lucky escape then matey! Could have been alot worse!! I'll have to check mine soon :)

Cheers for the advice :approve: