ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mount replacement

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
planning on mounting my RS this weekend, so have to do the mounts aswell.
question is do I have to loosen both mounts at the same time, with the engine supported to replace them, or can i just do one after the other?

(hope my question is clear enough)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Do one at a time with a jack and a block of wood under the sump. Pretty straight forward but easier to do that way. Make sure your manifold is off the bulkhead after changing the mounts or it will knock like buggery.

For the left hand side main engine mount this is Freds quick guide for another person in a different thread for changing the mount

if you're not a complete r****d with the spanners do the following

undo the 4 x 16mm bolts on the engine mount
place jack under engine and lift it up a bit
then remove the 3 x 16mm bolts on the cam cover and lift it off

Support the engine with a jack and a bit of wood in between, on the sump.

do the left side then after with the upper gearbox mount, (someone will have to correct me) i think again support the engine on the sump, or possibly under the gear box?

172 cup, Impreza P1
For the left hand side main engine mount this is Freds quick guide for another person in a different thread for changing the mount

Support the engine with a jack and a bit of wood in between, on the sump.

do the left side then after with the upper gearbox mount, (someone will have to correct me) i think again support the engine on the sump, or possibly under the gear box?

This! One at a time.

planning on mounting my RS this weekend, so have to do the mounts aswell.
question is do I have to loosen both mounts at the same time, with the engine supported to replace them, or can i just do one after the other?

(hope my question is clear enough)

Don't burn yourself on the exhaust;)

one at a time like said above no need to loosen them both...

Just want to ask because im unclear my self, if you change the upper gearbox mount do you also support the engine from the sump? or under where the gearbox is?

Clio 182 FF
If I've got an engine hoist can I just take the slack from the engine lifting point? Will that then make it possible to do both mounts at a time?

330i. E30 Touring.
If I've got an engine hoist can I just take the slack from the engine lifting point? Will that then make it possible to do both mounts at a time?

Jack is best because it keeps it level. Engine crane will make it wonky.

Isn't any quicker doing them at the same time tbh.

Upper engine mount is 10 mins work.

Upper gearbox is 20 mins,

Clio 182 FF
Jack is best because it keeps it level. Engine crane will make it wonky.

Isn't any quicker doing them at the same time tbh.

Upper engine mount is 10 mins work.

Upper gearbox is 20 mins,

Will that involve taking the under tray off? Is it pretty obviouse where I can put the jack and block of wood?

Clio 182 FF
All done today... Nightmare getting the rubber mount pushed down on the gearbox side. Was pushing it down for ages! Then got a large socket over it and gave it a bang with the hammer and dropped down.