ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount advice.

^ No they're not.

Jack the engine up with a bit of wood on sump/box to spread the load, undo the bolts on top engine mount, replace, lower into place (might need someone to hold engine toward front of car here) and tighten bolts up again.

Can't remember all specifics for upper gearbox but it is under battery, so battery out etc and jack under the box/sump old mount etc off, new one on. Mine had a pretty damn tight tolerance but got it on in the end (well Carl did!), tighten up and put all the rest back.

Overall I think it took 60-90 minutes?

I didn't notice any real increase in vibration from having solid mounts over when I fitted the powerflex purple dogbone bushes. When the purple bushes were first fitted it rattled like a b**ch for a week or so, then settled in. Still vibrates a fair amount on idle I guess compared to everything OE, but then I guess it depends what you want/are happy with.