ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light flashing sometimes when idling.

Clio 172 Phase II
Hi all

The engine management light seems to flash sometimes when the car is idling and it seems to have happened more in cold weather. I don’t know if the cold is at all relevant. I stop the car then restart and it seems okay then. Any ideas?

You realy need to get the car diagnosed on a clip computer to see what the fault is.

IS there any other problems?

Clio 172 Phase II
Not decated, but the cat is not standard but it has been like that for 30,000 miles with no issues. ( a guy at a garage said it looked 'wrong'). No other problems. No running issues, or anything like that.

clio 182
Mine did this the other day. Was sitting in traffic, the eml light on the right of the dash started flashing. Drove off to quickly pull over and it stopped :/.

Clio 172 Phase II
Thanks Keith... where is the TDC sensor? I haven't picked up a spanner since I got rid of my pug 106 gti ten years ago. Shameful I know.