ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Light Warning

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Hi my fellow Clio owners, I have recently noticed my engine light at the bottom right of my dashboard has come on and the other night it wouldn't let me start her up. I have read this could be down to a censor being un-plugged on the accelerator just wondered if anyone has/had the same problem before. cheers.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Thanks. My clio took a turn for the worse last night as she wouldn't start up and when she finally did when i went to add some revs nothing happened and eventually it cut out the engine. I was just wondering if this is because of the accelerator and if so does anyone know how much it will cost me to fix it? Cheers

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Hi mate,

Given that you have a warning light, there will be an error code that will tell you exactly what the fault is - and then you'll be able to find out the cost from there. A reputable backstreet garage shouldn't charge too much for diagnostics, my mechanic only asks for £20.

Some will even come out to you if your car won't start - better still, do you have Home Start Breakdown cover? That'll cover you to get a tow to your selected garage (usually within 10 miles).

Hope that helps anyway.

Rhauri (Rory)

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
hi thanks for the reply, yes i have home start breakdown cover so ill give them a ring to get me to the nearest garage. cheers

Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Hi, it turns out it was the accelerator unit and it was knackered. does anyone know where to get new ones cheap? cheers