ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Fusebox layout help please...Fans not blowing

Renaultsport Clio 172
Fans have decided to stop blowing any air whatsoever, control panel all appears to work fine.

Before I change the resistor pack can anyone shed any light on what fuse does what in the engine bay? Inc relays?

Want to check them before shelling out on a resistor pack as I only changed the resistor ack about 12mnths ago!

Cheers
Alex

Golf GTD Mk7
Can't remember the fuses, but the relays aren't related to the in cabin fans. They are for the immobiliser/ignition, TB and radiator fan (both low and high speed) iirc. I would have said the fuse you'll need would be in the OS fuse panel when you open the door. Test all the engine bay fuses just to be sure ;)

Clio 182
On the plug that goes in the resistor pack link pins 1 and 5. That should make the fan come on.
If it does your fuse is fine.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Apparently the large yellow relay is the fans, as it the 30amp maxi green fuse? Either way, they check out fine. Definately the resistor.

Where can I get one for £35?! Scoured the net no luck!

Think I will just get the one from cliospares for 65 if no luck elsewhere by the end of today

1.5dci 80 clio
my fan stoped working and i got told it was the resistor, i took the motor out cleaned it out and scraped and debris off the brushes, working fine now.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I have just stripped a complete car down and the heaters were working fine , mine was a an air con model , but you can have the complete motor unit with the resistors in for £60 delivered
Cheers Ian