ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Detonation?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Okay, let me write a short story so you all understand where I am coming from:

I had the car remapped about 2 months ago and I've been loving it ever since, when it was mapped; there were zero problems, and the mapper could get it up to its limiter easily. The car obviously had air being blown in to it. Now, after having it done, the car REFUSES to go over 4.5K rpm (Where I think overboost kicks in, something like that with this engine?). An example of this would be hammering the car up a hill (Dual Hill, quite long and large) as I usually enjoy hearing the car go and the feel and getting to 4.5K RPM in 2nd (This issue never happens in 1st) and the car will stop accelerating and be stuck at a set RPM for that gear (2nd 3.5K RPM) and WILL NOT MOVE, the accelerator is unresponsive and the only way you can fix this is to key off and on again. If I hit the car when it's colder outside, I haven't been boosting anywhere and the car has just finished warming up then I can go past 4.5K rpm to redline, but if I do it again; it's a no go.

Question is:

Is this Detonation from a bad map?

OR

Could it be the standard intercooler is total shyte and is not cooling the air correctly going in to the engine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it will be hitting the boost cut/fuel cut limiter, Meganes can take a bit of tweaking to not do the same thing. They go into limp once it's happened, but a re-start usually clears it.
You'll be seeing it now because you always get a bit more boost on the road than on the rollers due to the load

You want to have a datalog done, see what it's requesting and it's receiving etc. (I can do this for a small fee if you wished) I will also give you a copy of the datalog for your own records/to send off to the mapping company.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If it is the map, no offence OP but given your track record you only have yourself to blame. You were warned repeatedly in other threads, here are two as an example;

Classic CS

Ask for advice, ignore advice, car breaks, need more advice. And repeat.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
You want to have a datalog done, see what it's requesting and it's receiving etc. (I can do this for a small fee if you wished) I will also give you a copy of the datalog for your own records/to send off to the mapping company.

Can you PM me a quote and the address by any chance? I'll come down so I can have physical evidence if refused for anything.