ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine and transmission fluids

2002 clio 1.4 16v
Hi all...can someone tell me which is the best grade of oil to use in a 2002 Clio 1.4 16v?
Is it possible to topup and/or check auto transimission fluid level...I live in Trinidad and there is no longer a dealer here...

twingo
renault recommends a 10w40 for your car and climate. API number : SM, it will take 4.9 Litres of oil

2002 clio 1.4 16v
Can anyone give me some advice on how to check/topup the auto transmission on my 2002 Clio 1.4 16 v? What type of fluid does it use?

twingo
Type : Dexron 3
Quantity : 3.4 Liters

1. Ensure selector lever in 'P'.
  2. Connect diagnostic equipment to check ATF temperature.
  3. Ensure ATF temperature is 60°C. Drain ATF.
  4. Fill transmission with specified amount.
  5. Run engine until ATF temperature is 60°C.
  6. Remove level plug with engine running. If no fluid loss apparent or the quantity collected is below 0,1 liter switch off engine, add 0,5 litre of oil and let the transmission cool to 50°C.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until 0,1 litre of oil is obtained.

2002 clio 1.4 16v
Thank you for the information; but this for draining the fluid. What about checking and topping up?

twingo
download the service manual for your specific car, or download a pdf of a haynes manual / buy one.